Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'm a Lowrider !
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, i have a rochester dual jet carb (definately not the quad barrel) code is M2ME i think? sat on my 3.8 v6 Buick boat anchor of an engine, it works fine apart from at extreme angles, (bearing in mind my car has hydraulics suspension) When the car hits extremes with the angles the engine stalls due to flooding or starvation of fuel, its possibly the float getting bogged or stuck ?.

There are a few 'off road' conversion kits for other larger carbs that should do the trick but not for my little one ! so can anyone offer advice on what to look for/change to help with this as its getting rubbish hopping the car then having to restart the engine each time, and dangerous having the car up on three and fuel leaking out the damn thing on to the manifold !!

I dont want to buy an Edelbrock or Holley 'lowrider' carb as they are to large for my V6 adn would need an inlet manifold too, but would like to fix this problem.

·
I'm a Lowrider !
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone out there ? what about cars that Wheelie off the line that are not injected, they must have similar issues ??

·
My name is Martin
2,613 Posts
To stop fuel pissing out of the float vents you could try to make them longer maybe?

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Set float levels a little higher and use an electric fuel pump if it's mechanical at the mo - could also join the vent tubes together with a bit of hose.

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
you could knock up some sort of extension to the jet. Holley do them for drag racing carb which experience high G, stops the jets being uncovered. If it's leaking fuel from the vent, extending the vent with some rubber pipe and use a one way check ball valve or just put the vent into a copper pigs tail should help

·
I'm a Lowrider !
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
some cool ideas there, i'll look into extending, or even linking the vents from each barrel with some copper drilled with vent holes in the top.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts