Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Stay cool, admit nothing
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 3.3 Ventora motor to replace the 2.6 in my PB Cresta. I've also got a big valve ported and polished head and a six branch manifold. So how do I figure out what sort of carbs to get? I'm thinking twin Webers (I could get an inlet manifold made up). But would I need 40s or 45s or what? Any help appreciated.

I'm not doing the work myself (I'd defo fuck it up) but I'm trying to assemble all the parts as cheap as poss.

Thanks.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,124 Posts
I've had good results with a single DGAS Weber fitted to one in the past. Very simple to modify the manifold as well.

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,742 Posts
Did Blydenstein do any work on those particular engines? If so I would research what set up he used and go with that.

·
Registered
12,501 Posts
Did Blydenstein do any work on those particular engines? If so I would research what set up he used and go with that.
I had a Firenza 2300 'back in the day' - I don't think Bill did anything on the 6 pot. Had a couple of 3.3 Cresta's some years ago, I might be wrong but wasn't the 6 pot engine based on a USA GM block sourced from Canada? if so would there be some aftermarket bits available from the 'States ?

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,124 Posts
We used a DGAS on a FD Ventura lump with 6 branch manifold. Like I said simple conversion and certainly upped the breathing capabilities, those simply mods transformed the car.

·
Stay cool, admit nothing
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,124 Posts
Jetting is based around venturi size and Air/fuel ratio. Strangely on the 38DGAS the jetting stays the same when you swap it from a 3 litre to a 2 litre. It may vary on yours by one or 2 jet sizes but they are only about £3 each so about £20 spent on jets and you'll easily be able to jet it yourself. I can talk you though it or possibly come and do it for you at the time ( if the creek don't rise ;) )

·
old tart (was kc55)
745 Posts
maybe off the mark, but isnt the ventora lump basically a chevy straight 6, dont spose any of the chevy tuning bits fit ?

kev

1 - 9 of 9 Posts