Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all as wanting to get another rod what cars do ppl have for run arounds as I'm getting quotes for 450 for a auto focus only worth 1200 and can't be paying that as both cars will come to nearly a grand for both.

Cheers Phil

·
Care in the Community
2,763 Posts
Most Classic or American insurance is usually around £100 a year fully comp for mosteople I know.
I run an El Camino as a daily, in the past have run everything from '50s Yanks to a '90s Chevy Duallie.

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
If you your thick skinned enough and don't care when people laugh and point at you , and don't travel to far from base, get yourself a smart car like I did just to get to work when its raining instead of my pushbike, about 60 to the gallon, £30 year tax, £100 year fully comp for me and the missus, its a cross between a lawnmower and a skip but you can drive it like a go kart , it just do's what it says on the tin.
Kev

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok thank all will look into estates n smarts then as not bothered what car really n well when had my Pontiac just last year was 480 for that n that was with Graham skyies n my daily car was 750 but that's a seat cupra what will be selling now hopefully soon. As really want a Morris minor hot rod/pro street

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a multi car policy with RH on here. there great I have a diesel lupo as a daily and a load of classics on the policy think it cost me around £600 last year for about 7/8 cars all on the same policy.
Ok will have to give them a shot then and see how get on as if got to pay 500 for something normal might aswell pay 600 and have modern american

·
Registered
521 Posts
i was quoted 142 quid for my pontiac fiero gt fastback last year, so insurance is cheap for that. i run a 05 punto as a daily, got them both on a part time motor traders policy as i buy and sell a few cars a year. paid 610 quid for me and the missus and i can drive anything on it. maybe worth looking down that route. in fact i can sell you both for 2500 quid if you want, lol.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i was quoted 142 quid for my pontiac fiero gt fastback last year, so insurance is cheap for that. i run a 05 punto as a daily, got them both on a part time motor traders policy as i buy and sell a few cars a year. paid 610 quid for me and the missus and i can drive anything on it. maybe worth looking down that route. in fact i can sell you both for 2500 quid if you want, lol.
That's the trouble though as I wouldn't be able to do traders policy tho. And your alright thanks lol. Want more a Morris minor

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sold this last year, it was only the 1256 but I made a bell housing to mate up a 5 speed type 9 so it was ideal for daily use and long runs. Cheapest quote I had was £88 but with the wheels, gearbox and jackup kit I paid about £120 fully comp.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks good mate. How much you sell it for. As only want to pay 1500 if only so can get insurance on a hot rod. My only other plan going to see the weekend as I'm starting to cycle to work I dont need a daily car but as u need for insurance on a classic n so on on my old insurance with sureterm think I could be a name driver on my aunt's car for 15 a month and then used my pop as my daily car then as had the spare money from not owning 2 cars.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts