Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been caught out by these buggers https://taxdisc-direct.uk.com/ pretty good copy of the official site, makes you wonder why they haven't been shut down. :tdown:

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Wow. I can't believe they get away with that. It "only" costs £40 for them to process your application. Bargain! Why do it for free when they can do it for £40......

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
I agree is incredible that these sites can get away with this! not seen this one before but my wife nearly got caught on the similar site for the USA Visa and I clicked on one when doing my tax online last year, but spotted it quite quickly and before I
put any info on.

scheming gits

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
These fuckers are thieves and that's that (I got caught out by a similar con when I renewed my passport) just goes to show what this cuntry (deliberate spelling) has come to when the various government departments know what's going on and. Won't/can't do anything about it.

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts

·
Miss Petrolhead.
80 Posts
If I haven't typed the words Dvla.gov etc myself, then I don't go on it. It's an easy mistake to make though.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I've never seen that before; that can't be right; why is the DVLA not stopping this? If it was a private business it would be totally illegal trying to pass themselves off as something else with an almost perfect clone.

Thanks for posting this, I'll be more careful in the future

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,371 Posts
There are similar ones for the London congestion charge that actually come up before the official site on a Google search!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hit their contact DVLA link and on the page is a list of what they supply as a service for your £40, including a £5 donation to CancerResearch. How generous :incheek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts