Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about making one myself, like I did with my last car, but a bit of research turned up this bad boy:

It's a landrover fuel tank, bog standard, bought new, straight from the dealer in Cannock. Cost was about £55. It holds ten gallons and has fittings for a standard Landy fuel sender, to make life easier. Underneath is a single tapped hole, about 14mm, or some such oddball thread, but I tapped mine out to BSP size for a hydraulic fitting.

It comes welded to a 1/8" thick steel base plate, so modifying the mounting brackets is easy without running the risk of burning through the tank.

The filler cap was found at a boot sale, but the tank comes with 1 3/4" hose stub.

I have already fitted the brackets to mount a second one to the other side of the boot, should the need arise.

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
have we seen this before in the same car?

sometime ago?

good idea all the same...:tup:

Sid.

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
Same car, different channel. :D
thought so... youll have it nearly finished by now then??...:tup:

we want update pics....:bigsmile:

Sid.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thought so... youll have it nearly finished by now then??...:tup:

we want update pics....:bigsmile:

Sid.
It is currently pulled apart while I do some filling and stuff ready to whack a coat of paint on the body, then it'll be ready for assembly, wiring, brake lines, fuel lines, interior.......

Another couple of years then I guess :smoke:

I'm in need of a complete running C6 tranny for an FE big block, if anybody has one laying about.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts