Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Due to loads of emails about final pricing, how do you do it, ect, all pricing from now on is the price you pay.
The price includes shipping, customs clearance, duty and vat.
All you have to do is pick your car up from Southhamton docks with all paperwork in your name. These cars are for personal import only. Trade supplied, get in touch.

Hot of the press, just came into the office today
A nice running restoration or drive as is - tax free too!

71 Le Mans no rust 350/350 turbo, brand new dual exhaust. Been in LA all it's life, RUNS STRONG

Decent interior and rapid..............£3200

If your interested we can make a vid with sound and take loads of pics....but be quick

SORRY....NO OFFERS

Here's another. Car is in Arizona.

Nicely restored 49 Plymouth sedan de luxe done less than 3k miles since resto

bargain car.........£5995

Very nice tax free 70 CADDY COUPE DE VILLE 472 Big block, needs nothing except a new vinyl top which I will have fitted before it leaves LA

A gentleman's ride..........£2650

·
Registered
645 Posts
looking at your old thred dude is this truck still avalible ?

Here's a sample

Very good daily driver

1955 Ford F100
Short Stepside Chevy 350/c6
Power brakes/steering
Automatic (C-6 Transmition)
New Pads New Starter, New Alternator
New Fuel Tank with sending unit
New Tail Lights Heater works
Curent Registration
Clean Title in Hand
extra parts included are Hood, Fender, Mustang II Cross member. This truck has always been a California Truck, it was manufactured in Long Beach, CA.
No rust, couple of dents
New Tail Lights, Heater works
Curent Registration
Clean Title in Hand............................£2700 or less

if so

a how long would it take to get here?
b when would you need paying and how? when it arrives in the country?

realy intreasted

cheers matt

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi plumcrazee
That truck sold locally(in LA) to a dealer, but have others. will post soon

It normally takes 6-8 weeks to get a car from order. The deal is, when you order a car you pay 50% of the price into an escrow account held by a solicitor in the uk and the balance is payable on delivery. If you feel the car was incorrectly described then you can always walk away with a full refund,( most cars have a reserve buyer in the wings lol)
BTW if a truck has been clipped I will try to find an original clip to include with the truck. Will stop the mot man reporting you if it has the original front suspension on. You can always put the other clip back on when you've registered it.
Regards

·
Registered
612 Posts
looking at your old thred dude is this truck still avalible ?

Here's a sample

Very good daily driver

1955 Ford F100
Short Stepside Chevy 350/c6
Power brakes/steering
Automatic (C-6 Transmition)
New Pads New Starter, New Alternator
New Tail Lights Heater works
Curent Registration
Clean Title in Hand
extra parts included are Hood, Fender, Mustang II Cross member. This truck has always been a California Truck, it was manufactured in Long Beach, CA.
No rust, couple of dents
New Tail Lights, Heater works
Curent Registration
Clean Title in Hand............................£2700 or less

if so

a how long would it take to get here?
b when would you need paying and how? when it arrives in the country?

realy intreasted

cheers matt
dude, finish your 412 first mate, oh and sharons bay, then youll have room for another beast

·
Registered
645 Posts
Hi plumcrazee That truck sold locally(in LA) to a dealer, but have others. will post soon It normally takes 6-8 weeks to get a car from order. The deal is, when you order a car you pay 50% of the price into an escrow account held by a solicitor in the uk and the balance is payable on delivery. If you feel the car was incorrectly described then you can always walk away with a full refund,( most cars have a reserve buyer in the wings lol) BTW if a truck has been clipped I will try to find an original clip to include with the truck. Will stop the mot man reporting you if it has the original front suspension on. You can always put the other clip back on when you've registered it. Regards
mate if you have some trucks come in then let me know:tup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll be making a walk round video and taking loads of pics next week. I will send them to you. My son took this car in px and it runs very well.

·
Mr Cadillac :-)
1,717 Posts
you got references? anyone in 'the scene' vouch for you?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is a new idea for us. We have been importing cars from the US since 1993 but only for retail by ourselves.
The market for newish stuff has dried up since the pound's value dropped so we have gone back to classics which we sell mostly in the Scandinavian market.
Because we have buying adverts running in the local media we get offered lots of cars, far too many for us to buy and store. Some go to local dealers but a lot of decent cars are virtually unsellable in the present US economy,
I'm not talking about cond 1 classics and muscle cars, they are on the up, pricewise, being snapped up as investments by wealthy guys. But that leaves a lot of cond 2/3 cars in the doldrums. But I feel that these cars offer an opportunity for regular guys over here in the UK to get a nice car at a bargain price.
To this end we are developing a web site which will list a good selection of available cars which will be updated weekly.Not all of these cars are owned by ourselves, we will be acting as selling agents for the owners in some cases.
The low price of classics in the states won't last forever. When the economy picks up then so will the prices. We are not looking to catch anyone out, we could do the same as most other importers do, keep a fancy showroom in the UK, with all the associated expense, and then have to charge top prices to make the business viable. A virtual showroom is a lot cheaper to maintain. I hate big expenses, we store some cars in a field 50 miles from our office to keep our overhead down. LOL.
In these days of instant visual communication it is possible to get a very good idea of a cars condition from thousands of miles away and you can even hear it running.
These cars are not 100 point concours cars but do represent fantastic value for the American car fan and a chance to get a bargain.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
plumcrazzee
I'm in negotiation for this project. It's a 55 F100 stepside. Complete truck with outstanding sheet metal. Very original, not cut about at all. Comes with the original 239 Y Block plus a running 292 Y Block with matching trans.

Is this the sort of thing your looking for? Valuble when restored or rat it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will be picking this up next week so I will take loads of pics then.
The price will be £3200 delivered to the uk all duties paid.
roy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is coming in next week, a 69 F100 ShoRt bed . 429 B ig Block with a C6 trans . Runs very strong, good interior, zero rust. Staggered wheels, 8'' front 10'' rear.

£4350 DELIVERED TO THE UK ALL DUTY AND VAT PAID

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hi Roy
A mate is looking for a 65-70 Mustang fastback project(67 preferred),almost ANY condition for a reasonable price, anything come up like that ?
Thanks
Martin

·
Registered
98 Posts
I will be picking this up next week so I will take loads of pics then.
The price will be £3200 delivered to the uk all duties paid.
roy
that's a nice truck, there good them f100's nice big fronts to them.
And this one sounds cheap.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts