Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,123 Posts
we built a cleveland with multi groove valves a few years back. it broke a valve through the keeper grooves and destroyed the motor, all for a set of valves. even stock replacements will be better than used.

·
Premium Member
15,123 Posts
i too am concerned. it's not the sort of thing you can suck it and see as if the thread strips from one of the ends (they look like aluminium so it's entirely possible with your power plant) when driving it would make a real mess and that's if you could control it enough to bring it to a safe stop. the load on them as a 4 bar end is much much greater than as a coilover end, they are not trying to pull off the end of the shock under full engine power like they will be as a 4 bar end. please reconsider their use.

·
Premium Member
15,123 Posts
good idea, putting the bolt together adjustable gubbins on the chassis helps keep the unsprung weight down. :tup:

·
Premium Member
15,123 Posts
are you going to cover/colour red the clear section of the light lenses so they don't shine white out of the frenching buckets at the bottom? think that makes sense.

·
Premium Member
15,123 Posts
There are a couple of ideas along those lines rattling around in my head, one of which involves an additional bulb, horizontal splitter and orange lens, so when the indicators are on they shine red at the back, but reflect orange in the bucket.
sounds a good plan.

·
Premium Member
15,123 Posts
i did the same with my anglia, bought a used flip front as i was going to alter it anyway. keep the updates coming.

·
Premium Member
15,123 Posts
does the column need the 'flared' out section at the top just below the quick release hub? if not and the column were the same diameter to the top it would blend/hide the quick release hub much better. keep up the good work :tup:

·
Premium Member
15,123 Posts
No. The gearbox is solid mounted to the motorplate. The rear mount is probably unnecessary but this is the way I built my last car and that survived endless thrashings without problems.
as long as the chassis has no flex (which it looks like you have that covered :tup:) or the tail housing can crack.

·
Premium Member
15,123 Posts
thanks :tup: but no i sold it earlier this year. i couldn't justify it sitting in the garage and only getting used a few times a year :(. so i bought my old zephyr back and now my stepson is having that off of me so i'm on the lookout for a new toy :D. all good fun mate.

·
Premium Member
15,123 Posts
with the tyres sticking out like that i'd be fitting those ally blocks between the axle and leaf springs and not removing any leaves either. but i do love a gasser :tup:

·
Premium Member
15,123 Posts
even if you didn't fit the 'up to the chassis' struts (which i would) you do need the tie straps front and back of the diff. if not the bolts holding the wishbone pivots to the diff will break sooner or later. anyway you'rs look way cool so why not fit them?

1 - 20 of 88 Posts