Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
I wondered about those rod ends too. The tension load on those joints and threads is comparatively low when they are used as intended in a racing car but their load in your four-bar will be substantial even if you don't mount the springs to them.

·
Registered
351 Posts
The old Switcheroo.....

At last the rocker switches have arrived (thanks NZ post...). All 5 cost me $12 inc postage so mustn't grumble.
They are rated at 2.5 amps at 250 volts so should adequately transmit enough amperage to power the relays.
Switches rated for AC are not very suitable for DC loads; the switching action is slow and the air gap between the contacts is small so you get arcing and burnt contacts. As you say, the current when you are just driving a relay coil is very small but you might want to put a diode across the relay coil to stop the switch sparking when you turn it off.

Just a thought...

·
Registered
351 Posts
I wasn't suggesting that scaling mattered, just interested what use they were intended for. On my car I have the rev counter rotated so that the red-line is uppermost and it is the ONE thing that always generates questions from bystanders!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Will the large plenum volume affect the performance? I had always read that you needed to keep gas velocities high and all that but is it different for a supercharged set-up? Just interested.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I try not to clutter up people's blogs with 'looks great' posts so once a year -

Happy new year and thanks for all the posts, I really enjoy your build. Keep up the good work.

If you are ever 'down south' look me up.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts