Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,154 Posts
very nice :tup: shame you didn't have 2 smaller blow thru carbs to sit on the plenum, one for each turbo to blow into ;)

·
Premium Member
15,154 Posts
agreed, that's like saying my 4.11 gears will be 4.56 if i drive long enough. a certain number of teeth will always be that number of teeth :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,154 Posts
I disagree Neil, I'm saying your 4.11 gears might be 4.1125.
I hope it's fine but for timing it add's an unnecessary potential for error.
it might be 4.1125, but it will always be 4.1125. the number of teeth on each gear can't change (unless they break).

·
Premium Member
15,154 Posts
would it be easier to slide the bonnet back to the scuttle where it's the right width and just extend the front? at least it's a smaller area to alter.

·
Premium Member
15,154 Posts
legendlives; Hours and hours of work just so nobody knows it didn't come out of the factory like that. I must be a special kind of stupid! :shake:[/QUOTE said:
I'll let Wayne know to have a look then 'nobody' will know :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,154 Posts
maybe combine the top rad' mount into a sort of strut brace/hoop thingamebob to go between the shock mount area each side. if you get my drift? neil.

·
Premium Member
15,154 Posts
Problem is that the strut-bracy thing (which I'm making at the moment) will be a lot lower than the mounts. There are, however, a couple of likely candidate studs sticking out of the heads on both sides which will probably do it.
I can't remember, is the motor solid mounted? If so that'll be the the way to go mate. best to use some kind of rubber/poly mount one or both ends so the vibes don't crack the rad' though. Neil.

·
Premium Member
15,154 Posts
Well the carbs are nearly built, the trans-tunnel is nearly finished and I have two spanky-new turbos to strap to the beastie.
Unfortunately I can't show you any of it, unless you flip across to my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/mk1gasser/
i've not been able to post pics since the fuck up but yesterday i put an ad in the for sales and the pics went on fine. strange, but maybe worth trying again mate.
neil.
here's a test pic of some of my animals to show you. :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,154 Posts
re the trafficators i've had at least one pop with them fitted below the swage line in the 'b' pillar. obviously much more room to squeeze them in there too.
neil.

21 - 40 of 88 Posts