Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,154 Posts
be careful, once started i got a bit obsessed with ss button head bolts on my anglia gasser and used them even where you couldn't see them.
or is that my OCD? :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,154 Posts
with the raised holey bit removed had you considered engine turning the flat panels? with clear lacquer it could look a bit psychedelic. or i could be talking cods wallop! lol.
neil.

·
Premium Member
15,154 Posts
that looks much better. if you still get any buzzing vibrations super glue rubber washers (tap washers?) behind each hole on the panels.
neil.

·
Premium Member
15,154 Posts
i feel your pain with the secondhand 'glass front. i did the same with my anglia gasser and probably spent 3 times the cost of a new one in hours making the old one fit and not have cracks etc all over.
yours is looking great now though so i guess it was all worth it :tup:
neil.

·
Premium Member
15,154 Posts
as i was reading that i thought you were going to use part of the roll cage as the washer bottle. don't say you didn't consider it :lol:
neil.

·
Premium Member
15,154 Posts
i think mark wasn't so much referring to it coming out but the whole lot flexing with the possibility of it cracking. there's quite a lot there now all hanging from that one point and with flexy pipes going away from it they won't give much support. we could be worrying about nothing and you're the one who can judge if it's all stiff/supported enough as you can get hold of it to check for any flex.
neil.

·
Premium Member
15,154 Posts
^^^ exactly that. Ive had 6mm plate steel crack from minor vibration from stress, so that would be a prime candidate for stress cracks on the T sections. Might not need it but it will always crack at the worst time if you don't.
and once the inlet etc is on it'd be a real shit to get to.

·
Premium Member
15,154 Posts
the final welding seems never ending mate, when i did my anglia i ended up going over the cage and chassis with a yellow crayon marking every junction point once it was fully welded. i kept rolling it over on the floor checking 'til i was sure it was all done before paint.
neil.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts