Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,154 Posts
now see if you'd left the 'new' sump bottom angling down as per the first pic and moved the drain bung to suit then the pickup would probably have been the correct depth. buuuuuuut..... hindsight's a wonderful thing and your version looks better, lol.
neil.

·
Premium Member
15,154 Posts
gm hei modules areeasy to wire and peanuts to buy new from china. i bought 2 uprated modules (so i have a spare), an msd copy e-core coil and the heat sink grease for under £20 sterling on ebay (free p&p). the module will mount to a finned ally heat sink from a welder.
neil.

·
Premium Member
15,154 Posts
here's a simple 4 pin hei wiring diagram. they'll work with any 2 wire magnetic pickup in the dizzy. they do apparently need an 'e core' coil to work. as i said they're cheap too.
neil.
ps they seem to run with the pickup wires either way round to the module but either well or badly. it won't hurt the module if it's wrong at first i'm told so that's good.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,154 Posts
I suspected as much!
Cannot believe how much cheaper the GM style modules are compared to the Bosch style.
yep, it's worth spending the time swapping the wiring to suit when they're that cheap. i mean you've shown you're not afraid of spending a lot of time on the smallest details so...... lol. ;) (y)
neil.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts