Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..........Chelsea Cruise this coming Saturday:tup:..............Anyone going:?:.........

·
Brixton Hill Buick Inc.
1,113 Posts
...now I'm mot'd and legal for another year there's no stopping me..

...hey, and this Saturday can we not be shown up by the old school Ford gang...!!!

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
Might have to give it a miss this mth Del :sniff:
Vince, you breakfasting on Sunday?
My mate Jon has just bought a Flattie powered T and promising to biring it over.

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Vince, you breakfasting on Sunday?
My mate Jon has just bought a Flattie powered T and promising to biring it over.
Not to sure Steve might have to miss that too :sniff:

·
Two Sauces and a Sausage!
1,642 Posts
Weather looks ok see yowl there ,probly get there early and have a bit to eat off the kings road the Big Easy is quit nice.Need more yanks all that other stuff dosnt do it for me!:tdown:

I Know a bloke,who knows a bloke,who knows a bloke,you know this bloke, do i! this is a bloke you know.

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Weather looks ok see yowl there ,probly get there early and have a bit to eat off the kings road the Big Easy is quit nice.Need more yanks all that other stuff dosnt do it for me!:tdown:

I Know a bloke,who knows a bloke,who knows a bloke,you know this bloke, do i! this is a bloke you know.
And to think i thought your car WAS the nuts .................:pmsl:

·
Two Sauces and a Sausage!
1,642 Posts
And to think i thought your car WAS the nuts .................:pmsl:
Wasnt yours i was thinking of Vince Lol.:D its not even the cars I like all cars,its what comes with them.when scubys and skylines and clios alike are the norm ill look for a new meet,i can go to southend every weekend to see all that.LOL:smoke:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Lets hope the cruise doesn't get ruined these days by the "fast and furious" brigade like it did years ago....

Having said that I took the Impala up on Saturday, seemed like a good turnout of cars but no-ones particularly willing to chat to people they don't know (i.e. me) and it's a shame...

What's the point of going to a meet if people only want to stand in front of their own motor and not be social??

People wonder why the scene is lagging for younger fresh hot rodders (the future of UK hot rodding?), and as it's much easier for kids to put plastic kits on their rice-rockets and go somewhere where they can talk to anyone else with similar tastes it's no wonder why they're into that kinda thing

To be honest, if i'd have gone to Southend on Saturday instead I might have found it a bit more fun. Hell Chelsea bridge was being driven over more by Subarus and mitsubishis than any customs or classics

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
I didnt see you there Dave cos if i had i would of come over and said Hi

(it was me that tooted you the over week in the 7 seater when you were outside your house)

And i would of also said Hi to 55Chev if he didnt keep driving up n down :tup: (and i wasnt giving my place up in the que when you were parked) :pmsl:

I WAS WEARING MY RnS SHIRT, so if you see someone wearing one please come over, my name is on the breast and the sleeve, I am ALSO shy :oops: :tup:

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
I didn't see no '62 Impala up the cruise and would for sure chatted to you if I'd have bumped in to you!

It was a great night - I'd like to see more actual cruisin' but I just can't see that happening up there any time soon!

·
Supercharged 461 cu in
1,407 Posts
I didn't see no '62 Impala up the cruise and would for sure chatted to you if I'd have bumped in to you!

It was a great night - I'd like to see more actual cruisin' but I just can't see that happening up there any time soon!
I bumped into milt at the lights and it sort of went as follows

beep beep
wat you running in there kid
MORE THAN YOU CAN HANDLE...lol

i just didnt reverse into the motor behind, instead i just opened my headers and smoked him lol.

was a good night. we still need more cruising though. it gets a bit boring just driving about on my own

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Well at least 10 of us went for a cruise:D. did the same route as last month.
Down to Sloane Square, straight across at the roundabout, right at the top, left onto Park Lane up to the top, back down the other side, second left at Hyde Park Corner up to Buck House, give Queenie a wave, left onto the Mall, through Admiralty Arch then chuck a left, and keep left, up to the end and follow round to the right, top of the road do a left at the lights, straight on but keep to the left, over the top of the flyover and your back at Hyde Park Corner, straight across left at the lights and you are back at Sloane St, down to the bottom straight across at the roundabout and back up to Chelsea Bridge.

The Tourists love it:cool: and there was pleny of nice young ladys:bigsmile: on a night out to look at and to talk to:p while in the traffic:mad:.

Or you could always drive up and down the Kings Road all night.

Also I didn't see a 62 Impala all night, unless you was parked in the park.

Vince please tell your wife I'm sorry I didn't take her for a ride in the Charger, but I will next time, or at the next Valley Park meet, promise.

·
Stay cool, admit nothing
1,836 Posts
Having said that I took the Impala up on Saturday, seemed like a good turnout of cars but no-ones particularly willing to chat to people they don't know (i.e. me) and it's a shame...
That is a shame. :( Now we know what motor to look out for, I'm sure people will come and say hello.

Nice looking ride, by the way. 8)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts