Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Historian
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's got pics from Chelsea back in the day, here's a few of mine from 1990 which I think was the last time I went up there, must try and get up there again this year..........

·
Registered
33 Posts
Brilliant stuff, there's a few cars that I've not seen before, that aluminium thingy looks well weird.......but that's what made the Chelsea Cruise so appealing, you just never knew what would turn up, care free days eh!

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
The black Mk1 Zephyr belongs to one of our club. It went from black to a sort of maroony colour & is now silver with polished Torque Thrusts, red leather interior & a 340hp Real Steel SBF. I think he'll be buried in it!

·
Mr Cadillac :-)
1,719 Posts
1990 was when i started going up the cruise. Bit of a late starter compared to some of you guys but that was the year i bought my first American car. love to see more pics from that era

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,720 Posts
(as i tried to post earlier lol)

I'm with you Motorama,

I was also a late starter, i didn't pass my driving test till 90 and i was only 17 in 89 (he he)

But i do remember doing the cruise when it used to go around the park and over the 2 bridges past the pub (prince Albert ?) and down to the roundabout but i WOULDN'T recommend doing that now as the speed humps down the road now almost ripped the bottom out of my CONSUL the last time i drove down there (Jan)

I do have earlier memory's of standing out side the pub with my big bros but i was REALLY young then :D

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
here's my last lot from 1990, the first pic looks like one of Mikeyboy's cars...

NICK THINK THAT CARS STILL ABOUT, IT WAS RECENTLY IN CUSTOM CARS EDITORIAL, ITS NOW ALL BLACK IF I REMEMBER RIGHTLY, I REMEMBER A PIC OF IT AS SHOWN HERE IN CC, I THINK SEPTEMBER 77 IN A DOUBLE PAGE SPREAD OF CHELSEA CRUISE ETC PICS , THESE 2 PICS FROM THE CRUISE WERE FROM THE SAME PAGE, 1ST PIC IS WHITE HEAT, (WHERED IT GO!!), & JUST CHECK OUT THE 70S TREATMENT ON THE OTHER MK1, JACK UP KIT, TRACTION BARS, BOOT SPOILER, & YES I THINK THATS SOME FANCY ARTWORK ON THE DIFF!!, JUST PURE NOSTALGIA.........

·
Super Moderator
7,401 Posts
:) but no . Guy who owned it then was Steve Sharman ( behind the wheel there ).
Ah Steve Sharman, what ever happened to him ?......... one of the many rodders that started of vanning......... now own up how many others out there...........

·
Registered
531 Posts
The guy in the 100e in blue is i belive a neighbour hes got a mk2 savage cortina the same colour ,i went to look at that 100e about 10 yrs ago ,its was awful to drive and downright dangerous !
Its still around i saw it advertised recently
Hers some of mine ,some off you will have seen them before @1989

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Heres one of bob rothwells (rip) pics still trying to get an exact date on it , its harry sunderlands grannys pride, think its 75 ish?, thers a couple more but i havent scanned them yet...

i am assuming this is chelsea, can anyyone confirm please for my archives?:smoke:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.