Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm swapping out a 216 for a 235 and there is a difference in oil filter take offs, anyone got any photos or can talk me through it please ?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Kev I just had a read thrugh a 216 to 235 swap it raises quite a few points to look into but the only referance to oil stuff is "Eliminate any engine with the little, tell-tale triangular plate and curved oil line in the middle of the drivers side. this tells you it has dip and splash bottom end. the drivers side of the engineyou want is clean ( no plate or line)
No mention of the filter take offs, Were the old 6's bypass filters? so just sort of piggy backs the oil curcuit?
Martin.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a splash oiler from a '51 . It has the little triangular plate but looks a little different in where the bypass filter is going to hook up. One of the connections has a blank plug in that looks like it's been in there a long time plus on the 216 it has theloop of copper tube from a t back into the block that is missing on the 235 and there is nowhere it could go to either?

Just trying to make sure I haven't got to mod anything before I sling the engine and box back in tomorrow ?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Ah all the info I got here relates to swaping a splasher for presure fed bottom end.
So cant help sorry fella.
Spoke to Taff? he plays with the stovebolt stuff doesn't he?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts