Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys has anyone on here used one of the cheap chevy hei dizzy`s duskville used to sell?
got one fitted to my block & am guessing by the price there prob pro-form or pro-comp? either way just wondering if anyone has had success with one or had i be better off buying a basic msd unit?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey guys has anyone on here used one of the cheap chevy hei dizzy`s duskville used to sell?
got one fitted to my block & am guessing by the price there prob pro-form or pro-comp? either way just wondering if anyone has had success with one or had i be better off buying a basic msd unit?
Hello mate...i'm not sure what dizzy you have..BUT if if's a PRO COMP...dizzy...there VERY poor quality and fail in short order,, eg pick up coils fail module fail....centre plate tack weld fail
Also the mechanical advance is WAY to much prox 40+ degrees & must be limited via weld up slot in plate and limit travel.....in our hot rod engines we like prox 26/28 degrees total mech advance... & 10 ish initial advance
All timing in @ 3000/3200 RPM....add prox 12 ish vaccum advance to that gives you total of prox 48/50 degrees TOTAL timing.... vaccum advance in

On our Slayer & Black Widow engines we use Engine Works USA dizzy's...with 0 failers to date..mech advance must be limited also in these dizzy's and dizzy recurved for proper ignition advance.
This must be done with all dizzy';s out of the box...you gota check and correct mate.

Regards Daryl

1 - 2 of 2 Posts