Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
prostreet enthusiast
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dont no if anybody can help me i am looking for an feature i think was in custom car mag in the late 90s its was on a chevy vega called vegarant i think the color was purple but cant remember if anybody has this could they scan it for me.
thanks chrismk4

·
Having a cuppa
2,629 Posts
I do remember it but I think it was more like early 90s in the days when CC featured a lot of US based stuff. Didn't buy it regularly in them days so I can't find the issue

·
Registered
96 Posts
vega

Hi
I have just bought the vega from my brother who dry stored it for the last 15years, it was originaly bought
from the the doc, there are pictures of it in the june 1992 issue of custom car magazine, i aim to restore to its original guise, but i dont have that issue of cc, so i am after any pics of it.
at the moment i drive a ford maverick street n strip car with 440 chrysler lump in it.
cheers mick

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,720 Posts
Hi Mick

Firstly welcome to RnS mate :tup:

It will be good to see some pics of the build up and good luck with the build :tup:

(but i do have to warn you i doubt very much if youll get the original engine back of the present owner tho :lol:)

·
Registered
96 Posts
have just got the copy of the june 1992 issue of cc, the vegarant is in there, it was built in 1990 and had 454 chevy it ran the 1/4 at 10.07 at 133 mph it was built by lindsey jeavons and friends . the metalic magenta paint was mixed and applied by jd motors of purley, it ran in super gas, let you know how rebuild is going, do you know if jd motors is still going

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.