Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2092 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi ,
new on here thought you might be interested in my project.it,s a mk2 cortina which i have owned for about 17years. been done a lot years ago when i put a fiat twin cam in it , lowered it and a bit of a paint job.but now its time for a make over.so heres the plan, big wheels, ultra low ,v8 ,single turbo, i think you can guess where its going.heres what i have done already

it has a 3 1/2" roof chop and the screen is laid back 4". all the floors have been removed ready for the custom made chassis which is being done at work.have done all the design for the chassis myself and my mate at work is getting it all cut out on the lazor cutting machines it will be made from a light wieght 4"x 2" box section.all the running gear will be jag. more pics as i go.

·
Stroker
5,456 Posts
Very nice :tup:

Keep the pics coming!

Jimbo

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Thats looking really nice I love early british fords, what size wheels are you running?

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
:yeahthat:

Not normally a fan of chopped Mk2's as the front screen looks "strange" but that's absolutely spot on. Looking forward to seeing this develop.

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,360 Posts
As others have said, the laid back screen looses the "boxiness" and out-of proportion looks that some chopped mk2's end up with. It has the looks of one of the old Street Machine "motorvation" images that Steve Kirk used to do. Looks very nice.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cheers guys,
i did the chop about 6 years ago and its been sitting since then. normally the roof would be cut into four pieces and moved out to meet the pilliars but i just moved it back to line up with the rear window opening and then pie cut all the pilliars to make them line up if you get what i mean. i might have some pics some where if i can find them i will put them on.the wheels are 22"x10" at the rear and 20"x 9" at the front i have designed the chassis so it will sit as in the pics. as i get more pics on you will see where i am going with it.put some more pics on later.:happy:

·
Minge
2,165 Posts
I like it!

i saw this when having a peek on another forum and noticed one of my mates had posted a picture of my MK2 on there!

I like the way yours is going. Very nice!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
i dont know about fast its going to take a few weeks to get the chassis sorted and then theres still a ton of work to do and like you theres still the rear axle to sort i had thought about building a proper street machine( excuse the pun} like yours but i do like them sitting on the floor.
heres some pics of the bits i have designed .

·
Minge
2,165 Posts
Oh i bought mine like that and after various problems surfacing i thought buggerit ill make it my own.

yours looks like it will be an order of magnitude more complex than mine.

Keep the posts coming!

·
Registered
725 Posts
As a serial mk2 man myself i have to say i will be watching this so keep it coming, raking the screen back like that works well & the glass should be flat enough to not "stand up" on the pillers
will you be running air bags ?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no air bags , coil overs all round but i have designed the chassis to give 5" of clearance, even the exhaust goes through the frame.

1 - 20 of 2092 Posts