Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one else remember the chopped Zeph/Zody that was on the circuit during the late 80s early 90s. I can recall that it had an excellent roof chop and looked pretty evil compared to a standard roofed saloon. The last time I saw it was at a custom show in Maidstone kent in the late 80s. Id be really happy if someone could post a pic.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
MK1 Cortina in Thanet Kent

Another iconic car I remember from the old days was a MK1 For Cortina from Ramsgate that was knocking about for years. I remember that it had a couple of bubble windows in the roof and was blue and had murals on it. I can also recall it had a roof centre consul which was quite cool for the day. Anybody got any pics of this car? Post em up as It would be great to see it again.:tup:

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Can any one else remember the chopped Zeph/Zody that was on the circuit during the late 80s early 90s. I can recall that it had an excellent roof chop and looked pretty evil compared to a standard roofed saloon. The last time I saw it was at a custom show in Maidstone kent in the late 80s. Id be really happy if someone could post a pic.
I,M THINKING YOU MEAN A MK2?? IF SO I ASSUME ITS THIS ONE?, IT WAS OWNED BY NICK KEMP, ITS RECENTLY BEEN REBUILT IN STRAIGHT BLACK & LOOKS DIFFERENT NOW......:tup:

SHAME THE ENGINES COVERED UP, IT WAS A WET DAY IN BRENTWOOD....!​

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Cheers mopar for the pics, but I should have mentioned it was a MK4 Zepher/Zodiac my friend. Sorry for any confusion.
Pics anyone.
YEH, YOU DID SAY IT WAS A MK4 BUT I DIDN'T NOTICE THAT BIT TILL I'D DONE ALL THE WORK!, SO I POSTED IT ANYWAY!, I CAN'T REMEMBER A CHOPPED MK4 OFFHAND, WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT THOUGH, COME ON PEOPLE.....:smoke:

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,720 Posts
Was it red at the front and silver at the rear, or light blue with either a rover but more than likly a ford 351c v8 under the bonnet if it was i dont know it :shake:

Wait for it ...........wait for it..............

·
prostreet enthusiast
195 Posts
hi dont know if this helps cant find pics of finished car yet need to hunt them down

Shame, went trough all that hard work with friends to get it right and used it for a couple of years then changed my mind and welded on a new roof and prostreeted it :shake:

now looks like this

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,720 Posts
Yo Bro

Just a little bit of info for the rest of you anoraks

Wheels from the " Sweeny mk3 " :tup:

And the coaches in the back ground were our Dads, some may remember from Latchmere rd next door to Latchmere motor spares ( Freds ) in the arches :tup:

And that also took a party of young Battersea boys to the pod :tup:

·
Legs and heels subscriber
757 Posts
I chopped a minted 22000 miler mk 4 zody in 1990.
was light blue and and ran a v6, i painted it in a Br racing green pearl, guy who had it last shoved a V8 rover into it, need to find pics,

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Ahhhh! FRED'S!! Used to get all my spares from there. I once got a MK1 Zephyr Exhaust manifold off the shelf in there. It was like a tardis. Happy memories, and Yes I do remember the coaches!!
Charlie!!

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,720 Posts
Who'd have thought it was the same car. Not many people unchop a car do they.I always have a look at your zeph when I see it as its such a nice looking car
Believe me there was more involved than it sounds :tup:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Spotted your Zeph at the weekend at the Bromley Pageant, still looking really nice.

Does anyone remember a radical chopped and sectioned Mk1 Cortina (pretty sure it was a two door) that was around n the late 70s, had Mexico style bubble arches, there was a B&W picture in the 'Complete Customiser' book? Always wondered what happened to it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Vince/Chris
When you "unchopped" it did you use the roof from a maroon Zodiac? I ask as my brother used to own one and when your Mk4 came out and was blue the build photos on a board at Bromley Pageant looked like parts might be from his old car (I recall it was something to do with it having been gold, silver and maroon at various times but could be wrong). If it was his car it was a very tired Zodiac automatic with side damage on the passenger side.
We always wondered what happended to that car.
Cheers
Paul

He's still got a Mk4 by the way.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts