Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Vendor
3,485 Posts
probably long gone now but back in the mid seventies a mate of mine in strood carl denhart had a mk2 consul heavily chopped with a 58 pa three piece back window & daimler V8, maroon with a black vinyl top wolfies anyone remember it i think he moved it on somewhere in essex just before i left for the usa RAY in sf

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,720 Posts
Vince/Chris
When you "unchopped" it did you use the roof from a maroon Zodiac? I ask as my brother used to own one and when your Mk4 came out and was blue the build photos on a board at Bromley Pageant looked like parts might be from his old car (I recall it was something to do with it having been gold, silver and maroon at various times but could be wrong). If it was his car it was a very tired Zodiac automatic with side damage on the passenger side.
We always wondered what happended to that car.
Cheers
Paul

He's still got a Mk4 by the way.
Hey Paul

I've just realised that we didn't reply ....... Sorry

I'm sure it was maroon but don't recall any damage but I could be wrong I'm sure Chris will be along soon with confirmation :tup:

·
Premium Member
15,039 Posts
probably long gone now but back in the mid seventies a mate of mine in strood carl denhart had a mk2 consul heavily chopped with a 58 pa three piece back window & daimler V8, maroon with a black vinyl top wolfies anyone remember it i think he moved it on somewhere in essex just before i left for the usa RAY in sf
a guy from sittingbourne (a driving instuctor from memory) had a chopped consul in the mid eighties with a daimler v8. had a jag irs and the stuts were spaced to raise the front. it was bright yellow. could be the same car though.

·
prostreet enthusiast
195 Posts
Hey Paul

I've just realised that we didn't reply ....... Sorry

I'm sure it was maroon but don't recall any damage but I could be wrong I'm sure Chris will be along soon with confirmation :tup:
sorry dont go on here often yes it was a zody & maroon & gold under that .brought it in harlow with no mot or tax spares or repair. that was a long long time ago:tup:

·
Historian
1,564 Posts
a guy from sittingbourne (a driving instuctor from memory) had a chopped consul in the mid eighties with a daimler v8. had a jag irs and the stuts were spaced to raise the front. it was bright yellow. could be the same car though.
I'm pretty sure this Daimler powered Consul was from Sittingbourne and I think it was later sprayed yella

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vince/Chris
When you "unchopped" it did you use the roof from a maroon Zodiac? I ask as my brother used to own one and when your Mk4 came out and was blue the build photos on a board at Bromley Pageant looked like parts might be from his old car (I recall it was something to do with it having been gold, silver and maroon at various times but could be wrong). If it was his car it was a very tired Zodiac automatic with side damage on the passenger side.
We always wondered what happended to that car.
Cheers
Paul

He's still got a Mk4 by the way.
Hi, I believe I may have bought this car in 2014 from Ebay. It was a maroon automatic Ford Zodiac MK4 with beige brown interior and damage on the rear of the driver and passenger side. Registration number HPL 213K

21 - 27 of 27 Posts