Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
choppers, as in bikes, how do they register them? as i saw some battistinis bikes on ebay and they were registered as new bikes, the price was shocking,i also saw homebuilts with all sorts of registrations, are any of these legally built?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
we usualy just use a doner bike reg its a bit easyer to get away with on bikes :bigsmile:

·
Slacker journo
143 Posts
Pro builders, people like Battisitins, Nick Gale Custom Cycles and Kray Horse Custom Cycles all put the bikes through SVA and then register them as new builds. Then again the bikes these people are building are new builds anyway!

·
Registered
12,501 Posts
Most of the bike builders have kit of standard sva friendly bits, like exhausts, lights, number plates, mirrors and indicators - they take off all non-compliant bits, replace for test - once it has passed they will put back all the nice bits and pieces - job done!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Most of the bike builders have kit of standard sva friendly bits, like exhausts, lights, number plates, mirrors and indicators - they take off all non-compliant bits, replace for test - once it has passed they will put back all the nice bits and pieces - job done!
yep thats what i used to do for customers:tup:
however its still risky as most of the aftermarket parts arn't strictly road legal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts