Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably should have put this in the Tech section but wasn't sure.:)

I am interested getting advice on places for getting parts Chromed in the Yorkshire / North Lincs area ?

I need to get the Bumpers on my Buick re-done and would like to know who to get quotes from and who to avoid.

I have been recommended Quality Chrome in Hull...anybody had any experience with these guys ?

any help / advice will be very welcome !

thanks

John

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Certainly don't go th Peterborough plating. I had some work done by them a few years ago and was extremely expensive and crap results.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Certainly don't go th Peterborough plating. I had some work done by them a few years ago and was extremely expensive and crap results.
i gotta agree with you there i had some done there,i would of been better coating my parts in dog shit,it would of been better

·
Registered
293 Posts
chroming

if the one in hull is the one the scooter lads use they are excellent cant remember name stay away from wombwell plating absolute garbage i use alloy polishing services in lincoln they prep and send away but its show quality and prices are good can do different finishes aswell btw they have moved from old premises and not been since so you would have to check in phone book for address

·
Registered
658 Posts
Platers

I used VERNON MOSS in Brighouse over in West Yorks for the Jag bumpers. I dropped them off had a talk and actually seemed to care!!

Not cheap but not satin black either

·
Registered
57 Posts
Honestly there are no good platers in hull, unless you have a scooter, their not interested, and it would come out shite anyhow. I,ve seen n herd it loads, it just isnt worth the gamble mate.....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the advice. I've got a few other places to think about but also now know a few places to avoid.

Carl Jacko - I've seen your car at plenty of shows and it always looks great - did you need to get your bumpers re-done and if so where did you go ?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Take your bits down to Standard Chrome in Coventry....they are the only people who have chromed anything that i was over the moon with...remember, you get what you pay for!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts