Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know what type of plug lead boot makes for the neatest installation. Straight, 90 or 45 degree ? on a smallblock with no fare of being burnt by the exhast.

·
Huge Member!
525 Posts
Iv always used straight. Are you using headers or cast manifolds? If your using cast shouldnt have aproblem if headers you need to keep your eye on em as they tend to touch the primary tubes at the heads! They are a bitch to keep em neat looking on small blocks!:smoke:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iv always used straight. Are you using headers or cast manifolds? If your using cast shouldnt have aproblem if headers you need to keep your eye on em as they tend to touch the primary tubes at the heads! They are a bitch to keep em neat looking on small blocks!:smoke:
I would like to run headers :tup: I have seen a nice ally cover plate fitted to SBC which conceals the leads underneath with just the end looped out to the plug which looks very tidy not sure if you can do the same mod on the Mopar motor ?

·
Huge Member!
525 Posts
I would like to run headers :tup: I have seen a nice ally cover plate fitted to SBC which conceals the leads underneath with just the end looped out to the plug which looks very tidy not sure if you can do the same mod on the Mopar motor ?
Yeah good idea i know the ones you mean I dont know if you can get em for small block Mopars rather than mod Chevy or Ford ones? You probably have to use 45 degree angle boots so they run straight up to the plates. What about making some of your own design out of quarter plate ally? food for thought?:tup:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah good idea i know the ones you mean I dont know if you can get em for small block Mopars rather than mod Chevy or Ford ones? You probably have to use 45 degree angle boots so they run straight up to the plates. What about making some of your own design out of quarter plate ally? food for thought?:tup:
Not a bad Idea TW Im am quite handy with a router just need to have look and make a 6mm MDF template :tup: Do you have any quarter plate?

·
Huge Member!
525 Posts
Not a bad Idea TW Im am quite handy with a router just need to have look and make a 6mm MDF template :tup: Do you have any quarter plate?
Im sure iv got some on the roof of me shed i will check in the morning an let you know.:tup:Forgot to ask wot Mopar you got? Im in Erith where you?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a late 360 Magnum motor :D I am in Ashford there seems to be plenty of members here from Kent :tup: Im still looking for a transmission

1 - 9 of 9 Posts