Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Chryslers at Brooklands ......NO MORE
After 11 years and a lot of hard work we are not welcome at Brooklands to put on our own show

Thank's to the mindless Bananaramas! doing burnouts at Brooklands and a member of the public arguing and shouting at Brooklands staff at the gate we have now lost our event there in May 2015 and they don't want us back again.

First off a member of the public was told he could not come in through The Campbell gate as it was for Classic car only, he thought it would be a good idea to start swearing at the gate staff........................After about an hour when he had cooled down they let him in through the Public gate, to me that was a mistake.

Secondly one of the Chrysler 330c lot thought it would be a good idea to do a burnout at the bottom of the hill on his way out, I was on my way over to him when he left but he was gone to quickly, he was stopped by staff at the top of the hill who gave him a Bananarama!, he told them "we do it where ever we go, it's expected of us" , what a Bananarama!.

Then I'm told we had a Red Mustang fastback doing burnouts down by the planes where Concorde used to sit, at one point he nearly lost it and nearly hit a member of the public, along with him was a yellow 68 Charger, ( not sure if he is a member ), both doing burnouts on the way out.

All of this has helped Brooklands say we are not wanted back ant more.

Donna the events manger fort our case for us with her bosses as she said they wont speak to me.

The arguing at the gate could happen any day of the week, the Chrysler 300c lot phoned Brooklands to ask if they could come to our event and was told yes by Brooklands, they were not invited by the MMA, and I'm not sure if the Mustang and Charger owners are members of The MMA.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
isnt it great how a few wankers can ruin something nice? makes me feel like shooting them in the head, wankers.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Bad news , sorry to hear it I've been a number of times myself and always enjoyed the Mopars and Brooklands shame a couple of turds have ruined it for all.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,139 Posts
There's always tits who have to prove 'something' by doing burnouts in inappropriate places.Never a thought for anyone one behind them getting peppered in stones, burnt rubber and such shite let alone the moments inattentiveness when it all goes pear shaped ,gets out of line and hits another car . Can't happen ? Seen it at the ACE a good few years back, as always, hushed up .

·
Registered
748 Posts
Dell you mention a Red mustang fastback doing burnouts, it was not me lol.
But a bloody shame the venue is now lost, i had a great time there and its such a bonus for our lot as we are so local.

Give it some time Dell, i would suggest writing to Brooklands and putting your point across and see how that fares?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
if your sure they were not members, contact them and ask if you can hold a members only do, probably not what you would prefer but at least you still get an event,and would probably filter out the arse holes.and make for a better do, burnouts are mostly performed by people to make themselves feel better for having
a small cock

·
Milner for PM!
2,303 Posts
That's shit news, I'd really hoped to attend Mopars one year.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
That's a bloody shame.
Great little event, been twice.
I really don't know what makes people feel the need to do burnouts in the middle of a show/car park.
Who do they think they're impressing?
99% of the people there've got motors that can do that, anytime, anyplace.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mike the Lambo man in Haywards heath has a 68 yellow charger wonder if it was him , he also has a red shelby mustang and no he's not a member , just a thought maybe not

·
Registered
12,502 Posts
Its up to all of us to 'name 'n' shame' these people - someone knows who they are - as they will have done at all previous events where bans have resulted. Remember a couple of years ago at Chelsea Cruise - guy in green Charger with open headers burning-out and driving like a complete c*nt - no 'kin point moaning about it after the event - if you don't get together at the time and tell these MoFo's how it is they will f*ck things for all of us!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hopefully someone may have got a registration number.

If you have you could send it to the Chair persons of the NASC and NSRA and have them banned.

There's always gonna be some mindless moron who thinks its clever to go against the rules. Lifetime ban and public humiliation as far as I am concerned

Its a real shame, another show evicted from the scene!!

Paul

·
Milner for PM!
2,303 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
Hopefully someone may have got a registration number.

If you have you could send it to the Chair persons of the NASC and NSRA and have them banned.

There's always gonna be some mindless moron who thinks its clever to go against the rules. Lifetime ban and public humiliation as far as I am concerned

Its a real shame, another show evicted from the scene!!

Paul
What have those cars got to do with the nsra.there yanks,not rods.

I'm going to make myself look even sillier,what's a bananarama ?
Google isn't helping !
Thats what you used to dance to.ive seen youre moves :incheek:

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
we had a nice meet here in town for about 10 years. every year about 50-70 cars and few bikes, live bands and loads of car/bike talk and fun. i know, not that big of a meeting but still. we got permission from counsil to block the main road through the place here. all run by volunteers and even the bands came to play for free. never had problems. we too got fooked by such wankers doing burnouts and speeding away on the exit roads like wannabee nascar drivers.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Guy with the 300c has offered to pay for "the historic" surface....get fucking real LOL ,to be repaired....and a donation to the museum it appears?

Maybe he was "egged on" by the crowd?....just look at cruises, thats what the drivers actually want!
99% of us have done it....usually on a main road, and if you have not, then you must drive a Trabant or similar LOL
Its a shame he / they have ruined it for the rest of the "lawn chair" brigade though, where they going to sit?.............:incheek:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts