Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Originally built in the 70's by the Church Brothers, this Model T has had several cosmetic changes over the years, last known as 'The Prisoner' it had murals from the TV series it took it's name from. There are rumour's it's sitting in a lock-up somewhere around Southend, can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know exactly where this car is .Its round the corner from me and the guy that owns it put it in his garage over 10 years ago and will not bring it out.Out of respect for the guy who has suffered from some mental illness i will not divulge where he lives but he would love to get it back on the road one day once he makes recovery from treatment.And yes its still in the Southend area.

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know exactly where this car is .its round the corner from me and the guy that owns it put it in his garage over 10 years ago and will not bring it out.out of respect for the guy who has suffered from some mental illness i will not divulge where he lives but he would love to get it back on the road one day once he makes recovery from treatment.and yes its still in the southend area.
thats so sad to hear, lets hope he recovers & we see this legend again one day...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Imagine driving it into a garage and throwing some blankets over it and whats exposed is dusty.Very eerie at first if you know what i mean like some sleeping beast waiting to be woken but what a car even now it would knock the spots off some of todays cover cars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Really interesting bloke lives alone but once you get him talking cars he is fascinating to listen to ,he talks about friends hes known and the cars they built that i had pinned on my wall.Excuse my french but the F***ING system left him to cope alone with his illness and he deserves respect Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts