Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Milner for PM!
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In response to the ban on pre-2005 vehicles in London's proposed Ultra Low Emissions Zone by 2020, Classic & Sports Car have launched a petition to exclude historic vehicles from the charges and permit for the continuation of classic car events, including the historically and culturally significant London to Brighton Veteran Car Run.

Get signing!
The free use of classic cars in Central London | Classic and Sports Car

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,141 Posts
Oh dear , there could be trouble ahead, they'll probably want FIVA passports to allow exemption I'm guessing :tdown:

·
Registered
145 Posts
HELP ! needed to wake up the people.

Beware !! FIVA officials are a bunch of old foggies from the black forest area of the EU that were originally made redundent at museums when EU regulationss decreed that automobiles manufactured prior to 2005 are to be made illegal to operate on modern highways.Don't believe me ? then read the infamous:- "Charter of Turin" for proof of what to expect in the way of help from FIVA

FIVA

·
Registered
145 Posts
The Horror OF travel !

Beware! anyone tried driving into the center of Frankfurt, Hamburg, or Paris lately. My daughter lives in Hanau which is a few kilometers out of the Frankfurt city area and she just had to pay approx 600 euros to fit and certify a new exhaust particle filter on a small Mercedes commercial van in order to obtain a passport for driving into the city.
Just imagine the the consternation while trying to plan a tour across Europe missing out all the restricted areas encounterd en-route. Fancy a trip to the Transvallian Castles of Horror (Dracula and all that) the Horror will be getting there !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts