Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Good Choice ...... It was one of them my mate had when we were 17... nowhere near as tidy looking though and the front wheel fell off one night :shake:It also reminds me that it was nothing like when I wanted to learn to drive..

At 17 most of mates were learning in thier parents cars .... So I approached my dad and said ..." Dad , can I learn to drive in your car ?":)
He replied ..... " You want a car to drive son, buy yer F####ing own":!:
And that was the end of a very short discussion.... took me till I was 22 to learn to drive:shocked:.... I hope to rectify the issue when my lad get to 17:cool:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Looks a brilliant little car, asked youngun what she wanted to drive when she was old enough, she said mini or anglia 105e, I decided on the anglia .she passed test at 17 an shes 23 next month an she has put 53000miles on the car, it had 57000 on when we got it, an its the original engine. she also has a 1961 sunbeam alpine that she goes to shows in, im real pleased with her. so glad she didnt want anything modern cause I would not be able to fix it for her, in that way there is a lot to be siad for the older motors

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Mike
Yeah had a look into insurance, got no joy with classic car insurance on its own, but found out that if you were part of the Morris Minor Owners Clubs Footman and James will insure from 17 at around £650
Darren
All other classic insurance were saying between 19-25 years old. This is what we found. But some else may know more than us.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hi Mike
Yeah had a look into insurance, got no joy with classic car insurance on its own, but found out that if you were part of the Morris Minor Owners Clubs Footman and James will insure from 17 at around £650
Darren
All other classic insurance were saying between 19-25 years old. This is what we found. But some else may know more than us.
Hi youngun started with footman james at about the same price then tryed to bang it up to a grand for the next year, she took her years no claim an went elsewhere. so grab it now at that price but watch them on renewal, cheers DAVE

·
Registered
610 Posts
Good choice. My mate just revamped a 61 Minor for his 17 year old daughter, but she wanted a Ka. He sold the Minor and bought her a Ka. Just took it for MOT and it needs loads of welding. Oops!

·
Grown up? Never!
2,171 Posts
A good call.
My first car was a 1961 minor. A great laugh, within 6 weeks I'd put a 1275 in it and lowered it a bit. Much better than the R5 mum and dad wanted me to get.
:p

Chaley

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.