Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My mates got a '66 T'bird convertible and we've replaced the rear deck panel which means taking the top off below the rear window and around. He's looking for a trimmer who can make a NICE job of supplying & fitting new tack strip in existing channel,re-stretching the still fitted top and stapling it back down. Not rocket science but rather than do it himself, he wants it to be as perfect as possible.
The trimmers he's found so far, don't work on old cars, don't know what a tack strip is, and/or suggest methods of fitting that do not inspire confidence.
So, guys any suggestions?
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'll try and get a number from my mate,i think the person he knows used to work for creech,hopefully get you the number by the weekend:tup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'll try and get a number from my mate,i think the person he knows used to work for creech,hopefully get you the number by the weekend:tup:
John at Creech Coach Works in Crystal Palace was a genius and master craftsman. He did a great job on my Carbon fibre/Kevlar seats in Connelly hide back in 2002. I no longer have the Wilton carpets he made or the stereo and NOS bottle, but the seats are still in the car today.....

It's a shame he retired.......

·
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Paul - if the guy who worked at Creech's isn't the same one who retired, sounds like he'd be perfick!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts