Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a few years ago i was watching one of those cops with cameras type programmes and they raided a marijuana farm :smoke::smoke:and as part of the report they mentioned that the villans had bypassed the electricity meter
so being the nosy type i am:shake: i spent a few hours googling how villans bypass the meter, didnt find anything :tdown:but
a couple of weeks later a knock at the door
"hello its time for a new meter to be installed as yours is too old"
so i then had a fancy digital meter in place of the old rotating disc one but none of the other houses (same age so probably same age meter) had a new meter installed
coincidence or what?
or am i being paranoid?:beuj:
ttfn glenn

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Not all at a coincidence, the electric companies are going round changing all the meters, we had our changed last year, still get letters to say we need it changing though.

Cheers,

Stu.

·
I'm Not Jed Clampett
2,725 Posts
I've got a huge three phase meter in my workshop for the 300A supply. but I don't get out there as much as I would like because of my day job. They've changed the meter out three times now, presumably because they can't believe how little electricity I'm (genuinely) using.:bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
Top Tip
Don't google Dirty Bomb or Shoe Bomb!

The best I heard of was a guy who had wired the meter coil to a switch in the under stairs door. Whenever they opened the door the dial was spinning...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts