Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
AHRA members are leaving Stanway Retail Park(Costa Coffee area) to leave prompt at 0745 passing Boreham services Chelmsford at around 0800 for Rebel Rousers to join up and then onto the Dartford crossing area for 0830 where the Nightmares will join up too.

First stop will be the Cafe in the woods at the M25 / A3 junction for Coffee n Bacon Sarnies.

All are welcome to tag along.
Chris

Ps,
Those peeps that are not used to leaving their manor n going Sarf of the river I suggest that you make a note of where ya going so that you can find ya way back again as me an the current Mrs will be going further south after the show for an overnight stop near Petersfield.

·
Full Bloody Rebel!
3,426 Posts
I'm hoping to have my car back and if so, I'll sit on top of the bridge at J8 for the convoy to run under and join on the back, what time at J8 (ish)?

·
Full Bloody Rebel!
3,426 Posts
I might be away earlier than that because it used to get very busy behind Tesco and not easy to get onto the ground. (yes, I know the venue has changed this year) I used to try to get away by 8.30 from Reigate and still end up in long queues. It will depend on the weather.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I might be away earlier than that because it used to get very busy behind Tesco and not easy to get onto the ground. (yes, I know the venue has changed this year) I used to try to get away by 8.30 from Reigate and still end up in long queues. It will depend on the weather.
Agreed - we usually leave J8 around 7.45 for Wheels Day

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went in there last year on the way to the hayride........too big,busy n expensive,once you've had a Coffee n a Bacon Sarnie while sitting under the trees next to ya car you"ll wish that you lived nearer.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Drove down to hayling island today and stopped at the Cafe in the Woods its about 110 miles from the Orwell Bridge to the Cafe.
Toilets are cleanish,food not bad and a good price
Parking may be a problem if its a big convoy.
However a very nice place to stop.
M25 A3 roundabout stay in slow lane and take the first left just after layby its just a few hundered yards from the roundabout.
Have a good day fingers crossed for the weather.

I went via the Dartford crossing while a work college went via Heathrow we arrived at the cafe with two mins of each other

1 - 20 of 26 Posts