Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

a40custom pic...95 nats

This car was origionally pounding the streets in gold & was one of the 1st pro street cars i can remember, it has lengthened front wings & a 460 ford big block, it was about for many years, havent seen it lately?

HERES THE ORIGIONAL GOLD GUISE, IT HAD AN UN AGE RELATED PLATE AT THE TIME, MOPAR PICS ESSEX MOTOR SHOW 1990...

& THE LATER BURGUNDY GUISE...

custom car pic, 95 nats.

mopar pic-nats 95.

street machine pic.

update: now owned by mick from andover (8th jan 2012).

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,657 Posts
Bit of early history on it..
Colin Freeman bought it as a project from Nick Shanley?
Colin stretched the front end & fitted the 460 & painted it gold,
Cant remember for sure if he repainted it the bergundy colour it is now before selling it on.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Owned by mick from andover and had it for years,,keeps it well and a real nice guy,,helped me in the fire up lane at the drags this year,,he will be chuffed its on here :D

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
when it was gold did it have writing down the sides

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
when it was gold did it have writing down the sides
yes it did, think it said pro street or someting? along the back wings?, havent got my pics on the computer yet...

·
Registered
819 Posts
When Colin built "PRO TINA" it was originally going to run a hot 302ci Ford, untill I talked him into buying the 460ci big block Ford. Because Colin was an ex-biker he want a lot of power, and after he took a test drive in my similarly powered Gran Torino "HEARTFAILURE" he was convinced, so he went down the scratch built chassis route. The picture above was taken at Santa Pod, and looks like one of mine.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
I'm pretty sure it was Ian McCloud that had it painted the Vauxhall Bordeaux red, he spent a fortune on it while he owned it. He had Colin build a new front suspension for it as it kept knackering the Viva balljoints. Unfortunately, Colin chose to use Cortina spindles on tube A arms he fabricated but using the Viva pick up points & geometry, it had bump steer to a comedy level. After moving the rack it fouled on the harmonic balancer so Colin told him to start the car & use a grinder to take off the required amount to clearance it! Luckily, Ian told us this at a club night, we told him how a balancer works & not to start the car again until it'd been changed. The dicking around he got trying to get an SVO balancer imported was the final straw for him so once the car was sorted correctly, he sold it to Mick & returned to restoring bikes.

·
Fruit & Nut Case
2,100 Posts
I swapped the diff with Colin for my 32B and at the time he quizzed me for ages on my paint colour and thats how he chose the Bordeaux Red (although it was a long time ago and i may be talking bollox)

·
Registered
531 Posts
I saw that a couple of years back at a show ,still looks the dogs

·
Registered
531 Posts
It was at wheelsday on friday

·
Registered
531 Posts
once again at wheelsday this year , little tired in the paint dept