Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A familiar sound on every council estate during the 60's and early 70's , if you heard one you knew when you turned round you'd see a young Ted/Rocker type lad in a Mk.1,2 or 3 Consul/Zephyr/Zodiac :lol: ....whatever happened to them all ?, will they make a comeback ?, anybody got one ? :incheek:

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
ive got a set that play "strangers in the night".......:D
never heard another one?...

·
Care in the Community
2,769 Posts
I had Colonel Bogey on a '77 Chevy van when I was about 18 (1990ish), also had a real good Bull horn which was fun for frightening the shit out of people as they walked down the road. :bigsmile:
We used the van for work, so a lot of childish behaviour went on en route to jobs. :happy:

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,496 Posts
hehe,yeah remember them well!!!,mate use to run them on his cortina,
dont quote me on this but thought they are now illegal on post '63? cars???
you probably find them on egay:)
They were made illegal in '73 so anything before that 'must' have been fitted before the law cam einto effect ?:incheek: Not acceptable for MOT either.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I've got La Bamba air horns and a siren thingy that makes animal noises (cow, rooster, dog, horse,cat). Good fun on the cruise to Felixstowe going through the villages the kids lovem as we drive by:lol:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
my mate paul's got 140db train horns with an onboard airtank & compressor on his daily :D:shake:
they wake dopey drivers up i can tell you :pmsl:

so does any body know where you can still get musical airhorns that actualy make to the end of the tune :?:

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
someone i no collects them-his got about 7 on his motorhome all underneath:lol:

ive seen new ones for sale at a show somewhere:?: 2 years ago,loads of people were buying them.. £25
he had lots of em
dont no what tune they were.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
A familiar sound on every council estate during the 60's and early 70's...
Don't forget at all the indoor shows at Ally Pally, usually shops like Deals On Wheels & the Van Shop sounding off the Cavalry Charge, pretty sure you can hear them in the background on the Street Dreams video.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
had a set of musical air horns wired up to a secret switch that was my car alarm when i was 17 , mk2 peppermint 1300l capri, went past my old school , se a mate , flicked the switch and the end fel off , i had to go past the whole school at dinner time DA DA DA DADA DA DA DA DADA:wanker:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.