Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ready salted
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Do things like this happen to you?? Long story short, I was carrying some panels into my garage yesterday with my wife, being careful not to fall over anything & drop them. As I stepped over something on the floor, I stupidly put my foot in a full bucket of water only to knock it over onto my extension lead & tools that were plugged in.....BANG!! power off, but luckily not electrocuted. That was number one, number two was that I was polishing some car parts up that I'd painted, only to find that the paint finish was coming out blotchy. The more I rubbed it or polished it the worse it got, with the whole lot looking like a speckled egg. I got in touch with the paint factors, who got in touch with Lechler the paint manufacturers to find out what had caused it. The general consensus is that it's a binder problem with the paint & they've given me more paint FOC. Downside is that the whole thing needs re doing & as of yet there's no word of compensation for time spent doing it. (plus I'm on a tight schedule with this anyway as I need it finished).

Number three was today when I moved the Camaro out of the garage & parked it on the lawn to enable me to move stuff around in my garage. Yep, you guessed it, it got stuck up to its axles when I tried to move it back off the lawn. I've now got two huge furrows in the grass about 15 ft long, her indoors is not going to be happy when she gets home.

Number four is that I took my daily driver out to get some stuff from the shops. I pulled into a local filling station & found smoke billowing off the drivers front wheel and the disc was glowing orange. After jacking the car up I managed to free the caliper & had to drive home without using the brakes...great fun..not!!! Now I've got to dismantle the brakes & find out what's wrong.

Number five is that my son now wants to move back home in June as he's had enough of living in student digs. Excellent you might say, but no, my wife gave our daughter his bedroom & he now wants to move into our annexe on the side of our house. The problem is that it's a building site as I started to renovate it, but work took over & I've not finished it grrrr!!! her indoors is saying that it should be done for him, so if you happen to find a time machine that gives me a 36 hour day please let me know.

Does anyone else's life run like this or are we just a dysfunctional family?? cars......I hate 'em.!:(

Mentally drained
Nige

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Is that the script for a new Laurel and Hardy film? :incheek::incheek:

·
ready salted
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Is that the script for a new Laurel and Hardy film? :incheek::incheek:
Yeah very good :pmsl:, you couldn't write stuff like this, well I s'pose you could 'cos I just did, but you know what I mean. There's sooo much more stuff that's going on though, my daughter has just dropped her brand new all singing all dancing mobile phone & broken the touch screen & that's £100 to fix, but this is now the second time this month that that's happened. My son wants my old car which means I have to spend time to recommission it & get it MOT'd. ie spend more money on it. Oh yeah he's just pranged his other car & wants that fixing, though with the number of dents in it now it can wait a while. The dog has knocked over the wall in the garden (don't ask) & that needs doing & the the glass has blown out of my green house all over the patio. My wife's been offered more hours in work which means I'll see even less of her now as I work shifts.:( I've a new manager in my job & he's on about changing contracts & trying to increase our working hours too instead of taking on new people, which'll mean less free time, the list just goes on & on...

cheers..Nige

·
ready salted
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
he'll have to move back out for my visits
At the moment we're in the middle of decorating CJ's old, small bedroom so no probs for you there :tup: It's just too small for all of Jakeys things & his oddball collection of "doomsday preppers" gear, like his mannequin dressed in an army, full camoflage gillie suit, holding a crossbow, with a gas mask on & wearing a Roman centurion helmet, complete with a big fook off Mohican yeah, I think that's a bit dysfunctional. We didn't think he'd be moving back home once he left :shake:

cheers..Nige

·
ready salted
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Oh, just found out that my son has lost his birth certificate after sending it away to his university Grrr!! Also one of the dogs, after having been out in the garden ( I must've forgotten to shut the door tightly) has walked muddy footprints through the house all over the carpets. He's now in the living room chewing a plastic bottle he's found out the back, there's plastic everywhere..... It gets better every second!!

cheers..nige

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Sorry nige but you're just giving yourself more work with 5,6,7.....broken phone...not your problem....son wanting your old car...tell him to get it mot,d......sons car full of dents....tell him to fix them....were you born a mechanic or panel beater?.....tell him to learn the hard way.....missing birth certificate?....tell the uni to replace it...they lost it....anything else you need cleared up?:incheek:

·
ready salted
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Sorry nige but you're just giving yourself more work with 5,6,7.....broken phone...not your problem....son wanting your old car...tell him to get it mot,d......sons car full of dents....tell him to fix them....were you born a mechanic or panel beater?.....tell him to learn the hard way.....missing birth certificate?....tell the uni to replace it...they lost it....anything else you need cleared up?:incheek:
Fantastic, you're now my personal secretary, when can you start :pmsl:

My son rang me 10 minutes ago asking if I could get the car MOT'd by Monday as his insurance is up on Tuesday on his car, talk about giving me plenty of notice,........ kids eh, who'd have 'em?

cheers..Nige

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,143 Posts
Had problems on my last kapri with lechler paint and missing additives. After pushing I received all materials FOC and £800 to cover labour on what should have been a £7k plus paintjob.

·
ready salted
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Had problems on my last kapri with lechler paint and missing additives. After pushing I received all materials FOC and £800 to cover labour on what should have been a £7k plus paintjob.
I've got to give the paint back to the factors for them to give to the Lechler rep to go away for analysis.I'm not holding my breath as after having had a lengthy conversation with their tech guy, he doesn't seem that clued in with painting.

cheers..Nige

·
Woodchipper Extraordinair
2,305 Posts
Know the feeling of not enough hours in the day, have done 60 hours this week so far I've got a list of jobs on the to do list that I don't have time to do, and then this afternoon the missus phones me to say that while she was at a clients someone has dented her car while it was parked. Had a look at it when I got back from work and the off side front wing is f****d the door moulding is kaput and there is a nice dent in the door where a tow ball has clouted it.

The client went and asked her neighbor if he had done it which is the only likely way it could have happened due to the damage and where the car was parked, he denied all knowledge, so I goes up there takes a look at his range rover and sure enough there's evidence of fresh damage to the bumper and tow ball, knocks on the door and wait 10 mins for him to answer while he peers through the blinds every 2 minutes to see if I've gone away, and luckily he admits to me that he did hit the car.

Really didn't need this to happen right now as the missus' new car lands in a couple of weeks and she's part chopping the current car and now panicking that the deal is going to fall through. Thankfully the bloke gave me his insurance details and business card so we can get it sorted without any cost to us but it's just something that needs sorting when we've already got enough to deal with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts