Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I keep asking about CR's but what's the best CR for turbo charging?

8:1 ok?

9:1 too high?

My last motor had an SD! motor in it and turbo's, from a 1980 sp by my reckoning that should have been a 9ish :1

Got the urge to build another turbo motor again...... God help me

Also, can you use a regular holley as a blow through?

:tup:

·
Two Sauces and a Sausage!
1,642 Posts
i know i keep asking about cr's but what's the best cr for turbo charging?

8:1 ok?

9:1 too high?

My last motor had an sd! Motor in it and turbo's, from a 1980 sp by my reckoning that should have been a 9ish :1

got the urge to build another turbo motor again...... God help me

also, can you use a regular holley as a blow through?

:tup:
smack in the middle of those 2 numbers will be fine.

AS FOR THE HOLLEY,it depends on how much power you are intending to make, a regular moded holley would be ok up to 700hp ish,after that you take your chances.C&S or CSU For the right carb both reside in the USA.

·
My name is Martin
2,611 Posts
Depends really how much boost you want to run and the target power output. 9:1 is good for low boost with low lag and good bottom end response, but is a detonation machine for higher boost. I'd say 8:1 - 8.5:1 is a good target, 8:1 for nice high boost. That said cam duration is a factor too, e.g. wild cam's lower's the dynamic compression ratio. Also need to consider what your doing to lower the air charge temps, e.g in the 80's non intercooled turbo car's ran 8:1 compared to 8.5:1 for the intercooled versions.

So in other words no definitive answer :D

·
Registered
769 Posts
Big block turbos

hey foz m8, have you been looking at marine turbos for a big block, i see what ur up too. gotzy beware :shake: hope ur lucky m8, look,s a good set up. your box of trick,s might be no good, u want to stick wey ur heeds u got, some dished piston,s should be well low enought a nice cam wey more inlet dur than ex should be good all the best m8 jonny z :tup: :tup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts