Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
/////////\\\\\\\\\
660 Posts
oh crumbs, you doing that!

Seriously, you should be safe,

cookies are small files that remember for example your last visit to a website, login details to forums like here, so when you come back into this site after deleting cookies, for example, you'll need to re-login if you don't sign out when you leave the the site.

Dom

·
Registered
225 Posts
i deleted all my cookies and stuff on my last pc, hence now typing this on a new one.
everything went somewhere and i ended up with nothing that would make any sense.

DONT DO IT!

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
If you don't have your browser set to do it automatically then you need to clear them manually every so often , it will help keep your browser running a bit quicker and smoother , when I used IE I had it set to clear cache every time I closed it.

If you've seriously never done it before and you've owned the computer for a while it might take some time ... and if you don't have 'remember password' or 'autofill' enabled I hope you have a good memory :lol:

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I use a free programme called C-Cleaner. You can set it to clean cookies, temp files etc but keep form data and passwords.

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you've seriously never done it before and you've owned the computer for a while it might take some time ... and if you don't have 'remember password' or 'autofill' enabled I hope you have a good memory :lol:[/QUOTE]

if you pm me your passwords etc, then when you delete the biscuits and you enter crapsville, i can let you know what they were.. for a small fee.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
absolutely no harm done when you delete cookies, they are only used by websites for tracking, logging in etc. etc.

·
/////////\\\\\\\\\
660 Posts
I use a free programme called C-Cleaner. You can set it to clean cookies, temp files etc but keep form data and passwords.
yep, we use this too, as it clears most* of the [email protected] from your system, you'll be surprised how much temp data is stored on your machine.

*the free version = most

find CCleaner Here (like click on this link)

Dom

·
Numpty
477 Posts
Ccleaner for me too, works a treat. If you use it I got told by a geek to tick the "prefetch data" box, no idea why. Anyhoo, I've used it for the last couple of years with zero issues.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok so ive clicked delete cookies and my pc is flying at the mo,the only thing i thought i had lost was the adult section,just had to log on again and its back,phew panic over

·
Administrator
9,855 Posts

·
Hammer-based simpleton
489 Posts
CC Cleaner's very good. If you go into Options > Cookies you can see a fat ol' list of cookies on your PC, and you can choose ones to keep. Search for 'em by name, put them in the "save" list and keep your online banking and forum cookies etc.

·
Worn Out Fanny Magnet.
673 Posts
I`ve just Downloaded Cookie Cleaner, and used it myself. I`m quite impressed to be honest, as it seems to do everything in one action, including Clearing your Cache, and Deleting Browsing History etc, so it saves you doing two or three different actions, including going into Disc Cleanup on Windows, to achieve the same thing !!. I`ve just checked, and all of my Passwords & Site Preferences etc are unaffected, so it will do for me. :tup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts