Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on the laptop it kept on freezing, so I tried to shut it down it wouldnt so I then turned it off from the on/off button it came back on started in normal or whatever it called it was still frozen screen so did it again but this time nothing .. just a black screen any ideas please

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought it might have overheated so I have switched it off, how long do I need to take keep it off and should I keep it plugged in? I took battery out and replaced should I keep it out
Thanks

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fixed it .. thanks ... let it cool down also I did this ..

Unplug the power --> remove the battery --> Hold the power button for 60

seconds --> Connect the power supply then try to switch ON the laptop and later

put the battery back into the laptop

and it worked! seems imo that the room its in is too hot .. going to move it from there when it hot .. had another laptop break other month .. so think I might be right ... thanks again

·
Registered
325 Posts
Jane

It may be a good idea top make sure you have a back up on a memory stick etc of the important things on there

just in case it happens again and cant be fixed easily

Mal

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ron, thanks I just keep turning it off when not in use and use it in cooler room, typical man not to make a note of the price!
Mal, thanks for that very useful, already back up important stuff twice! It's actually insured but they would have sent it away for 3 weeks... Best to ask here first, I am sure others will get same problem with this weather or they can prevent it hopefully.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts