Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
An unusual mode of transport as Chevy Vega's are loaded vertically on freight trains for distribution to the dealer network...

Pics credit to Adam82 at syc.net

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Ron,what the story re,fluids ??

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Dunno Bry I just saw those pics on another forum , you'd assume they are shipped dry ?
Na,I remember reading ,Production manuals quote all cars run up on rolling road for for something like 2miles,and brake pedal tests etc,it then quoted about out of State cars being driven to railyards for shipment,very intreaging ?,Bry

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wondered about that too. In the first pic it looks as though someone has just driven the car onto the ramp and in the last pic two more are waiting their turn.
Good point Al and one that I'd failed to think about , I guess they must've had all fluids in then !!! . Is it any wonder it was billed as GM's worst ever car with lots of early rust outs , heavy oil consumption and general poor build quality .

It's weird as I was taking the missus out last week and as I turned the corner at the end of my road parked opposite was a black /gold stripes Vega GT :shocked: , I had to do a double ... make that triple ... take as it appeared to be in fairly good original driver condition , never seen it before or since , anybody know of it in the B'mth area ? .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.