Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every year in February there is a meeting of the van councils from around the world [mostly America].
A get together to organise events to minimise clashes with an excuse for a mid winter party.
2000 was the NSVA's turn and it has been the only time the meeting has been held outside continental America, I have only one photo of that so far,

This is me back then [hansome young man] with some American/Canadian vanners and one of the four vans loned to us by Ford Motor Company.

2011 was on the west coast of America and here are a few snaps of their van show.

·
Registered
119 Posts
In 1988 6 of us (We called ourselves the Famous 5...Don't ask) went to the USA and Canadian Van Nationals. 3 weeks in Ohio and Near Hamilton/Niagra. At the Nats (In Springfield Ohio) there was something like 2000 Vans. It took over the entire site and the ONLY vehicle allowed in that wasn't a van was the ice truck, even the Police used a van in reverence. I'll post a pic later of all of us along with three Aussies. The pic came to me from Jeff Johnson who was there covering the event and it appeared in Truck-In maggazine later that year.

EDIT: Here ya go... I'm second from right...Tall one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts