Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cars are taking over the centre of the Coventry and its ring road this May!

Coventry MotoFest is far more than just another classic car show. Running from the 30th May to the 1st June 2014, MotoFest draws on Coventry's motoring heritage to pioneer the city's future: a celebration of Coventry's motoring past present and future.

In essence, we're trying to make Coventry City Centre the "Edinburgh Festival" of cars for one weekend a year.....and its completely free! For 2014, we have arranged:

1) the event is kicked off on the Friday evening by actor and car buff Chris Barrie doing his unique car talk including anecdotes from his acting career,
2) critical mass of pre 1994 classic, rod, vintage, veteran vehicles (150+) in Broadgate Plaze, Ironmonger Row, the Bullyard, Hertford Square and University on Saturday and Sunday
3) live action displays of cars on the closed off ring road (classic cars, single seaters,street race cars, new electric/hybrid cars, Bowlers, military vehicles & more) on the Sunday
4) celebration of 60th years of stock car racing in the UK with a dedicated live action "gymkhana" area of F1 F2 stock, ministocks and static displays of classic stock cars from the 50-60-70-80's.
5) Mission Motosport live action displays (Bowler wildcat. dakar 4x4 style race offroaders)
6) Live music stage along side the Ace cafe and Byatt brewery refreshment village in Millenium Place (saturday and sunday)
7) The Land Rover Experience urban offroad live display area
8 ) Ace Cafe motorbike run from London to Coventry Sunday morning
9) Senna movie on the Odeon big screen on saturday night
10) Programme of car movies to be show on the Coventry University big screen all day saturday and sunday (about 10 movies including the new Need for Speed)
11) Static displays from current manufacturers - Jaguar, LandRover, Peugeot, Citroen, Triumph motorcycles,
12) Skoda Fabia works rally team, Skoda bonneville land speed record car (TBC)
13) Displays and events at the Department of automotive design at Coventry University

Further information is on our website at Welcome | Coventry MotoFest

If your are familiar with the RetroWarwick show, you'll know the score. Come along in your pre 1994 rod or custom on saturday or sunday (or both) and we'll get you parked up. You don't have to pre-book and there are no set arrival or departure times....but arriving before 930am is recommended! It would be really helpful is you could register you details so we can get a idea of numbers coming.... registration at Static Display Registration | Coventry MotoFest

If you car is built after 1994, please email me, to doublecheck you can get in.

If you are a local business and interested in getting involved, drop me an email to discuss sponsorship opportunities.

If you've got a band and want a slot on our live music stage, drop me an email. I'd be interested to hear from any rockabilly bands too.

Cheers
Matt

Matt Phillips
Static Show Director
Coventry MotoFest
[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts