Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just lost an old friend to covid , prior to catching it he was healthy fit non smoker and full of life but his downfall was being an anti vaxer convincing himself that he was fit enough to fight off the virus
After spending weeks in hospital on a ventilator he seemed to be getting better but got the call this morning to say he lost the fight

RIP
Crad

·
richard rawlplug
8,179 Posts
Sorry to hear that dave.
I know a guy with the same attributes as your friend,he got covid,claimed it nearly had him...but now he's had his jabs and is the font of all knowledge about covid..we avoid him like the plague now.

Reactions: legendlives

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Sorry to hear the Dave. That is the problem a lot of people think the virus will not affect them, sadly it does.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Commiserations - it must have been an awful shock if he appeared to be getting better. Many people that haven't had it are pretty blase, and dismiss it as being akin to a bad cold, or, like the bloke who installed some windows here the other day, part of a Govt conspiracy. Having had it, even with 3 jabs, I wouldn't want to repeat the experience in a hurry.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend Dave, I had it pretty bad as did a few of my friends. Luckily we all made it through (so far) there doesn't seem to be any rhythm nor reason as to how it affects some more than others...

·
Vendor
3,463 Posts
sorry to. hear that Dave , its so frustrating when its close to home and you to listen to all these conspiracy theorists insisting its all nonsense and their right to be a dick overrides everyone else ,s wellbeing .

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend. I work with someone who was anti vaccine and ended up in ICU. Luckily he pulled through. Like a lot of people, he wasn't a microchips under the skin crank, just someone with a genuine belief the vaccine was harmful and untested. I'm fully jabbed but comfortable associating with friends who aren't (given I probably bump into unvaccinated strangers in the pub weekly).

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
If "they" now told everyone you have to get a booster every 6 months, or, "a new strain is here you now need this"....how long will you go allowing this untested shit being injected into you folks that have rolled with it?,

Serious question, not looking for an agenda here ( I have had none and never will have but that's my choice)
If this is still going say in 5 years and the "roll call" for jabs is still active will you all be going for it time after time?
Just curious

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
If "they" now told everyone you have to get a booster every 6 months, or, "a new strain is here you now need this"....how long will you go allowing this untested shit being injected into you folks that have rolled with it?,

Serious question, not looking for an agenda here ( I have had none and never will have but that's my choice)
If this is still going say in 5 years and the "roll call" for jabs is still active will you all be going for it time after time?
Just curious
Damned right I would, never had a whiff of flue since I was eligible for the flue jab (way too many years ago to think about) never had mumps, polio, tetanus or any of the tropical diseases and other things that jabs have protected me from. What's the difference?

I do hope you survive for another 5 years to prove your point...

·
Stroker
5,576 Posts
Generally speaking I don't care much nowadays but as a healthcare oppo and someone who had an awful bout of covid yonks ago I took the jab willingly even though I had my antibodies confirmed.
Had my booster no worries believing it was all for the best despite friends pressuring me not to.
Now it transpires that the current jabs will not do many things we hoped so I am drawing a line.
I will have a jab same as a flu jab at the year end if it's still out there but i'm done with it.
I don't regret having the jabs because it was done with the best intentions at that time but I feel I have enough in me to stun an elephant so no more.

·
Registered
12,544 Posts
Perhaps some people have forgotten Thalidamide, the reasons why that was given to expectant mothers, the horrific effects is had on some new born babies, and........even worse, despite the effects becoming fairly well known to the medical profession the drug was still being administered for a long time after the effect were common knowledge.
MMR vaccine - there was plenty of controversy about that and the potential side effects for young children be given the vaccines and in 'one shot' instead of the traditional three separate 'shots'. Our doctor at the time fully supported 'er indoors's insistance on the traditional triple 'shots' (nearly 40 years ago now)........why did our doctor support us?.......doctors receptionist had her son injected with the then 'new' MMR and the boy developed brain damage............
Being considered 'vulnerable' I've had the Covid 'shots' and the booster. Always have the annual Flu jab, that has at times had side effects, albeit mild. Had the 'lifetime' Pnuemonia jab...... I was really unwell for 4 or 5 days with that. With so many jabs over the last 9 months or so I declined the Shingles one......

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
never had a whiff of flue since I was eligible for the flue jab (way too many years ago to think about) never had mumps, polio, tetanus or any of the tropical diseases

I do hope you survive for another 5 years to prove your point...
Neither have I, and I have never had a jab in my life, I once had a sugar lump at school though in the 60's.....

·
Registered
2,973 Posts

Just curious
Interesting question and I'll admit my willingness to have the jab was more about my desire for foreign holidays than any fear of covid. Hardly a scientific rationale I know and there are some serious ethical and moral questions around telling people you can't go here or there unless you're jabbed. I'm nearly 60, I want to go back to Malta this year and the States next year, if possible, so it's a calculated risk I'm willing to take. I'm not putting life on hold.
All the same, it was interesting to read in the news this morning that a doctor had challenged the Health Minister in front of the media, telling him he wouldn't have the jab because the science wasn't solid enough. There are quite a lot of health workers won't have it, which makes you think.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I wonder if more doctors and health workers would have it if it was a labour government telling them to have it...?

Working in the care sector, I had mine in the first wave with no side affects. I'm neither pro nor anti, it's up to the individual. I do wonder if the 'you don't know what's in it' people take ANY medication though...

I also wonder if the 'pro' side worry if the driver next to them at the lights has their seatbelt on in case THEY have a crash...

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
So no one will actually SAY if they will keep rolling up to be injected, that was the question, just wondering how far folk will go before they say no (hopefully it wont carry on but.....)

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I’ve said I’ll have no more jabs,
I’ve never had flu, so I’ve never bothered with that, as a kid, the only jab I’ve ever had was tetanus, enough is enough for me

·
Administrator
10,112 Posts
Interesting question and I'll admit my willingness to have the jab was more about my desire for foreign holidays than any fear of covid. Hardly a scientific rationale I know and there are some serious ethical and moral questions around telling people you can't go here or there unless you're jabbed. I'm nearly 60, I want to go back to Malta this year and the States next year, if possible, so it's a calculated risk I'm willing to take. I'm not putting life on hold.
All the same, it was interesting to read in the news this morning that a doctor had challenged the Health Minister in front of the media, telling him he wouldn't have the jab because the science wasn't solid enough. There are quite a lot of health workers won't have it, which makes you think.
And that doctors facts about the science not being solid enough?? he had none except his own opinion - which is factually completely incorrect.
What I don't get nowadays is how we seem to believe what one/some individuals say as fact over the whole scientific community? when did we start to distrust those 'specailists' (in any field).

I mean, if a few odd mechanics told you your engine did not need oil, it could have lemonade put in instead and the whole putting oil in it was made up just to sell us oil for profit, would we believe it?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
So no one will actually SAY if they will keep rolling up to be injected, that was the question, just wondering how far folk will go before they say no (hopefully it wont carry on but.....)
The thing is it gets to the point where it’s exactly the same as the flu jab. The flu jab is never the same two years on the trot, it’s modified to cover the different variants, and that’s exactly what we are starting to see with Covid jabs. Next year there’ll probably be a different covid variant so the vaccine is modified to cover that and they’ll do the same for next years flu variant. When flu first raised it’s head all those centuries ago it was a killer just like covid when it first started, modern science just means we can deal with it faster and more efficiently on a global scale.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
It was a simple question, will you, or will you not allow shit injected into you forever.....if an "expert" tells you its for the good? cant be that hard to answer
I reiterate, there is no agenda here, my thoughts/interests are purely my own

·
Registered
12,544 Posts
The point that many seem to miss is that the medical profession has previously worked on the basis that any new vaccine has to have a series of tests over a period of several years to ascertain is effectiveness for the general population - the same profession has been 'forced' both by international governments (and the urgent need) to 'overlook' this tried and tested 'failsafe' testing method before release to the general public. Its not too hard to see why many sectors of the medical community are undertandably wary about any potential long term issues with a drug that has not gone through the long term established trials. Not saying that is right, given the urgency - not saying its wrong........we'll all perhaps know in a couple of years when we are walking around with our knuckles scrapeing the ground........

1 - 20 of 42 Posts