Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Banned
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazing how so many crap cars made in the seventies are now cool and collectable! Example No 1
Dolomite Sprint - crap engine with noisy chains n slippers,crunchy gearboxes,noisy diffs,LSD" that didnt work,handled like a boat in a storm,useless brakes,wind noise to die for etcetera etcetera etcetera!!!!! :tdown: sold mi last one in about 82 for about £400 yet one sold recently for £6200 :shake:

·
"call 0-800 Apocalypse"
5,229 Posts
Amazing how so many crap cars made in the seventies are now cool and collectable! Example No 1
Dolomite Sprint - crap engine with noisy chains n slippers,crunchy gearboxes,noisy diffs,LSD" that didnt work,handled like a boat in a storm,useless brakes,wind noise to die for etcetera etcetera etcetera!!!!! :tdown: sold mi last one in about 82 for about £400 yet one sold recently for £6200 :shake:
did it have lots of history???

·
Premium Member
5,829 Posts
No different to crap cars from the sixties/fifties/forties/thirties.

When there aren't many left they become sought after nostalgic pieces.

Let's face it, only a hot rodder would love a 1950's panel van that would struggle to hit 50mph downhill with a tail wind, crap engine with a really crunchy three speed, non synchro box, non existant brakes, wind noise? pardon? WIND NOISE etc, etc, etc. The thing is there are many and I know a couple, that do love the idiosyncratic traits of old stockers (me included), never owned or driven a Dolomite Sprint but always thought they had a certain cool factor. Maybe I just need to get a life, many who know me will say that there is no maybe about it. ;)

·
"call 0-800 Apocalypse"
5,229 Posts
can we see a piccy with a mug in front of it,:incheek::pmsl:

·
Banned
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No different to crap cars from the sixties/fifties/forties/thirties.

When there aren't many left they become sought after nostalgic pieces.

Let's face it, only a hot rodder would love a 1950's panel van that would struggle to hit 50mph downhill with a tail wind, crap engine with a really crunchy three speed, non synchro box, non existant brakes, wind noise? pardon? WIND NOISE etc, etc, etc. The thing is there are many and I know a couple, that do love the idiosyncratic traits of old stockers (me included), never owned or driven a Dolomite Sprint but always thought they had a certain cool factor. Maybe I just need to get a life, many who know me will say that there is no maybe about it. ;)
never owned a sprint,youve never lived! :lol: Dont forget the fordsons a V8 now!

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
What is the terminal speed velocity of a mug with .17 of a litre of coffee (black) with 2 sugars on a square coaster with 2.03 geared handle with a small chip on the rim beside the handle and a "mysterious" history?

·
Banned
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What is the terminal speed velocity of a mug with .17 of a litre of coffee (black) with 2 sugars on a square coaster with 2.03 geared hadle with a small chip on the rim beside the handl and a "mysterious" history?
warp speed give or take 300m/mili second or therabouts :doh:

·
V8 addict
1,102 Posts
Dolly sprints are awesome. My mum had one when I was little.

Personally, I think some of the best cars ever made were built in the 70's. I can't get enough of BL tin.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Dolly sprints are awesome. My mum had one when I was little.

Personally, I think some of the best cars ever made were built in the 70's. I can't get enough of BL tin.
Neither could BL!!! :pmsl:

·
Banned
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Had a Dolomite, great car for the time. Lots of fake wood inside,really comfortable ride,can't understand why you think they are shite,unless you just had an untypical shite one of course.....

Gary
owned and repaired many,no substitute for experience compared to peoples false nostalgia!

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.