Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that award has to go to a friend on mine well clued up on mechanicals, builds a pop from 84 till 92 chevy smallblock tube axle, live rear end, looked great but it drove crap, noisey, really uncomfortable even by rod standards, engineering was fine , he is well versed in suspension design, but his car just was crap to drive, it was sold straight away,second bad car i rode in was a rays rods plastic 33 coupe with a v6 that thing rattled, shook, that was only at 40, the highest speed he took me in it, we did 30 miles, embarassed to be overtaken by everything, this was on the road for years and at rodshows, did have a ride in a 55 land rover with a v6 engine that was also very poor, must also say i have rode in some very nice driving rods as well, one or two were very, very good.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,052 Posts
It's amazing the difference a bit of dead sheet , insulations and trim rubbers can make to the perceived ride quality . When everything is shaking ,booming and rattling you tend not to concentrate on how it drives you just think ' shed'.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts