Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Who promised you tomorrow
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here into them. Not lowriders but older cruiser bikes. Thinking of getting one as part of the health kick and after any UK sites that may hold parts etc.

Cheers Dan:tup:

·
Super Moderator
7,394 Posts
This site might be of help, They are into all sorts of bikes, mostley Raleigh Choppers and American cycles, have a look.
http://customcycles.info ............. They are the nutters that have a doo at Billing the same weekend as the NSRA Fun Run............... Dave.

·
Care in the Community
2,756 Posts
Myself and Mrs W have some.
Mine is a '50s Schwinn that I've owned for about 15 years, I rode it for a while then decided to strip it to bare metal, fitted new wheels and whitewalls, springer forks and diamond pleated seat, and that's how it is today.

Mrs W has a '60s Huffy Good Vibrations that we bought off ebay last year, just needed a good clean up and the seat replacing.

We've also got a fully chromed stretched cruiser, the 9ft long ones. It's hanging on the garage wall cuz it's a pain in the arse to take to shows. :roll:

Excellent bikes for keeping fit on Dan, although ours aren't road legal we do use them locally, and take them away with us at weekends.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I've got a '60's Murray , used to be owned by the pinstriper Simon 'Wierdo' Watts though I'm not sure the stripes on it are his . No pictures I'm afraid (Must take some) but it has a similar front end to Ian's shown above but I've got ape-hanger bars with white grips to match the white-wall tyres and a red frame , might get around to pulling it apart for a freshen up but I kinda like the patina its got .

I bought it for cruising the seafront in Hastings when I was living down there but only used it a couple of times if I'm honest , with no gears and only a back-pedal brake the hills around the rest of the town were a bit much for it , and for me if I'm honest ! Had an interesting 5 mile ride round Dungeness on it with a slightly buckled rear wheel acting like a brake :noob:

I now use it quite a bit around Norwich much to the amusement of the locals (A fat man on a bicycle is always amusing isn't it ?) and there's not many slopes it can't cope with , and yes we do have hills in Norfolk . I love the thing , wouldn't be without it :tup:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
yep i got one too,
made by kalifornia kruisers,black with flames & apes,big springy seat,pedal back brake etc, good for bumbling along on, hard work up hills having only one gear, gets the sweat on tho :shock:

go on you know you want one :tup:

·
Dr Penetration
392 Posts
I've got a Kustom Kruiser for sale in the Stuff for Sale page have a look, a real nice bike. Cheers

Steve

·
Super Moderator
7,394 Posts

My Beach Cruiser and Charlie's buggy, Pin striping by Tootall [though you can't see it in photo]

One of the Choppers................. Dave.

·
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Myself and Mrs W have some.
Mine is a '50s Schwinn that I've owned for about 15 years, I rode it for a while then decided to strip it to bare metal, fitted new wheels and whitewalls, springer forks and diamond pleated seat, and that's how it is today.

Yep thats the ticket!!!

(A fat man on a bicycle is always amusing isn't it ?) and there's not many slopes it can't cope with , and yes we do have hills in Norfolk . I love the thing , wouldn't be without it :tup:
:pmsl: Well how about a fat bloke in dungarees and a barrow boys cap, that should have the locals here in stitches.

Thanks for the advice, i'll be keeping my eyes peeled on fleabay then.

Dan:tup:

·
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks but ive now got it in my head that the only way to go is find an original one. I know they aren't cheap but saying that i just missed out on a 50's " Firestone" one on fleabay. If anyone has one for sale i'd be interested.

Ta Dan:smoke:

·
Registered
778 Posts
I paid £120 for mine but I'd not let it go for that . In fact it'd take an offer of the sort of magnitude that'd buy me a decent car to part with it now . Keep 'em peeled chap they are out there ...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Only have a modern ally framed Simple Seven from the States,not as cool as the ones onn here, but still unusual enough to turn heads,more so when my daughter takes her metallic purple/pinstriped low rider out with me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts