Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"Cruisin" and "Shut down"

I know these have been mentioned lots of times before but how can we track these films down-i want to see them:grr: before i die!
How can they just disappear of the face of the earth:beuj:

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
i no these have been mentioned lots of times before but how can we track these films down-i want to see them:grr: Before i die!
How can they just disapear of the face of the earth:beuj:
here, bloody here!!, also my lifes ambition, i still can't believe no one out theres got them!!, they could make a fortune!

·
ready salted
1,817 Posts
Maybe it's time someone made a modern version of these films. Film making isn't the black art it used to be what with technology the way it is now. After all the "actors" were just rodders & racers. A good friend of mine makes music videos on a shoestring but they look really professional, so I'm sure it must be do-able.He's even going to do a "dark style" music video of my "Evilzee" Camaro once it's finished. Why not look to making a film that will stand the test of time for our future rodding/racing generations?? Surely someone out there in "rodder, racer" land might be interested in doing it?

cheers....Nige

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
as far as i can remember most of it was filmed around the manchester cruise and some of the leeds cruise
hmmm, i was at southend when they shut the road off to normal cars & let all the rods & customs in for the filming?.....​

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
i've never heard of either of them,however they sound very interesting, has any one searched to see if they are available as downloads from a public domain film site?

·
Dazed & Confused
3,507 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts

·
Fruit & Nut Case
2,100 Posts
I have spent nearly an hour finding and scanning these, gggggrrrrrr :sniff:

Just to prove it,

Close up of rear pic...

Record label...

One of the EP's......

Couldn't find the other Ep

The car on the LP cover is 'Trouble and Strife' & has the name N T Burridge under

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
i've never heard of either of them,however they sound very interesting, has any one searched to see if they are available as downloads from a public domain film site?
Heres a little bit of info on em-as you can see they were only short films...but would be great to see.
I cant make it out lots of people have got the soundtrack and no one has got the film and most have never seen it.Why make the film when no one can see it:beuj::S...only the lucky ones see it when it first come out

Heres the 57 Chevy "Street Racer" from "Shutdown"...

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
I saw the film back in the day,did anyone else ??-i think it was on with "The Choir Boys"?

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
I have spent nearly an hour finding and scanning these, gggggrrrrrr :sniff:

GET YOUR STUFF IN A BETTER ORDER!!:D:incheek:

I'VE GOT THAT EP AS WELL...

HERES A FEW COPIES I COME ACROSS FROM OLD HOT CAT MAGS (HIT THE YELLOW TRIANGLE TO VIEW CLOSER).....:smoke:

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
Here's a bit of info I picked up while researching some history on Henry Hirise for Bry recently. My mate Bob Galagher was driving through Chislehurst here in Kent & spotted a '57 Chevy, he found the owner for a chat, turned out to be Tony Vandeputte. They got talking & Tony asked if Bob knew anyone that could fix the gearbox in the '57. Bob suggested a mate of his called Roger Hornsby, the car was taken to Rogers workshop he shared with a bloke called Stu Vallance, the rest is UK Hot Rodding history. Slick tricks was formed during build of the Rat.

So if Tony hadn't broken the box & Bob hadn't had driven past, Roarin' Rat, Slick Tricks, Henry Hirise & Sweet FA would never have existed. I like it when a piece of the history puzzle slots into place, don't you?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.