Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

One of my old super 8 movies taken at the Crystal Palace, not sure when( early 1970,s?) featuring Firefly and Revolution.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Hello Rolight. I used to go there. My VW beetle would have been in the car park with it's inch pincher paint design. Do you remember seeing it? Nice movies by the way.

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Thanks for that,...wow, that takes me back. I was there but like most things these days ive forgot most of it !!

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Greats bits of cine film. They were good shows, always seemed a big crowd there and great cars and some bikes:tup:

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
THERES QUITE A FEW ROLLS OF BACOFOIL UNDER THE RAILS....:D

HERES A PAGE ON THE SHOW FROM CC APRIL 71......:tup:

QUESTION IS, WHO CAN NAME ALLL THE CARS & OWNERS, (YES THAT DOES INCLUDE YOU NICK!)

·
Historian
1,564 Posts
Ronnie Haglund's 283 Chevy T from Sweden
Barry Treacy's Mr T and the Ison bros' Wild Honey
Gloworm Capri Funny Car
Swedish flathead A coupe
Beaujangle Enterprises sand dragster
Ed Shaver's AMX
Walt Ithel's C-Cab
Firefly
MechSpray's custom painted Anglia
318 Plymouth lump in Mr T
Firefly again
Gloworm again
Another Swedish T
More Firefly
:smoke::smoke::smoke:

·
Super Moderator
7,391 Posts
Ronnie Haglund's 283 Chevy T from Sweden
Barry Treacy's Mr T and the Ison bros' Wild Honey
Gloworm Capri Funny Car
Swedish flathead A coupe
Beaujangle Enterprises sand dragster
Ed Shaver's AMX
Walt Ithel's C-Cab
Firefly
MechSpray's custom painted Anglia
318 Plymouth lump in Mr T
Firefly again
Gloworm again
Another Swedish T
More Firefly
:smoke::smoke::smoke:
I HATE a smartarse.......... especially when he's right.............. Dave.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
277 Posts
I was selling the show guides at these shows for a few years whilst my friend Dave Watts was producing them. Great times, love indoor shows.

·
Super Moderator
7,391 Posts
I was selling the show guides at these shows for a few years whilst my friend Dave Watts was producing them. Great times, love indoor shows.
That was the other Dave Watts.................. what happened to him? Dave W.

·
Registered
277 Posts
That was the other Dave Watts.................. what happened to him? Dave W.
Sorry, didn't realise your name was the same!

He's still around but got into RC planes whilst still at SPR, now mixes nitro fuel for RC models.

He scratch built an A-class motorhome in his back garden for travelling to RC shows & going on skiing trips to France. Built a 2 seater plane (also in his back garden!) & flies it all over, operates a grass airfield near Tonbridge.

·
Super Moderator
7,391 Posts
Was introduced to Dave once at a Crystal Palace show by I think it was Phil Morris, could be wrong about the name, was a funny moment, glad to hear he's still doing something of interest. Dave.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Somewhere I have a pile of pics from the Palace shows, I cant give an exact date, 70/71?? Ill try and find them
one thing I remember it was the first year Ed Wimble had his T out, as spotty school kids we helped Mr Wimble push the car back in his trailer on the Monday when we went up there to play squash with the school, two things I remember 1 it had a rear puncture and 2, a dummy engine

·
Registered
277 Posts
Somewhere I have a pile of pics from the Palace shows, I cant give an exact date, 70/71?? Ill try and find them
one thing I remember it was the first year Ed Wimble had his T out, as spotty school kids we helped Mr Wimble push the car back in his trailer on the Monday when we went up there to play squash with the school, two things I remember 1 it had a rear puncture and 2, a dummy engine
Still has, dummy engine that is!!:bigsmile:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts