Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was asked the other day if I had another project lined up after I finish my 105e Rod, I said no forgetting about this BSA winged wheel project I have had for a while. The chap i've been getting the parts from takes so long sending the correct parts i'd forgotten about it. (one man in a shed I think) Anyway its a BSA star rider bicycle from 1963 which my mate Mark go for me. Sorry Mark for chopping it up but you know me!. It has a 1953 BSA winged wheel fitted in it. If you have never heard of one it a 32cc 2-stoke engine fitted inside the back wheel. Heres a couple of pics i've found .anyone else have a strange bicycle project.

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
Basman with a 500 watt leccy motor by Uncle Bunt.

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts
I was asked the other day if I had another project lined up after I finish my 105e Rod, I said no forgetting about this BSA winged wheel project I have had for a while. The chap i've been getting the parts from takes so long sending the correct parts i'd forgotten about it. (one man in a shed I think) Anyway its a BSA star rider bicycle from 1963 which my mate Mark go for me. Sorry Mark for chopping it up but you know me!. It has a 1953 BSA winged wheel fitted in it. If you have never heard of one it a 32cc 2-stoke engine fitted inside the back wheel. Heres a couple of pics i've found .anyone else have a strange bicycle project.
That is well cool, really like the tank:tup:

Do you need to register it with the DVLA to use it on the road?

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
Evil that's evil !!! Very cool, lets have more details. Take it being electric your okay using it out and about?
Early Basman with a few mods sent up to Uncle Bunts in Leicester for the leccy conversion, legal on the road as it's still classed as a bicycle (Nigel calls them 'bar hoppers' ) I haven't got it back yet but the text after test run was 'Fuuukin L does it shift !'.
About 10 mile range just using the battery but pedaling as well it should be good for miles.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
very nice..........

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts
Yes it will need registering, It has an engine number and the bike has a frame number so should'nt be a problem.
This guy had to register his mountain bike, looks like there are a few hoops to jump through but is doable:

Golden Eagle cyclemotor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts