Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hopefully looking to land myself a '53 Velox after pay day and was wondering if anyone has any photos of the E series Vauxhalls made into customs ie 2 doored, chopped, or even just lowered nicely or kinda mild. I have seen one or two on google and I'm just looking for inspiration
Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hi Matt. Look up OLY 52 probably the best looking Kustom E series ever built. Was the car that got me into Kustoms. Are you getting the Velox from Mrquickwhip?? I seriously thought about that one myself & building a replica of OLY 52.
Rockabillybilly on this site had one called " Earth angel" i think.
Good luck in whatever you do & do a build thread.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah thats the one low expectations. Hoping to have the money together on pay day. Thanks I'll have a look at those two.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks hurnleft! There's some great pictures there. Does anyone know if the rear doors were just welded up or that the fronts were extended and the B pillars moved on OLY 52

·
Registered
436 Posts
Does anyone remember the really nice resto with a V6.....burgundy red metallic....featured in the uk street rod & machine (or something like that ;) ....

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Thanks hurnleft! There's some great pictures there. Does anyone know if the rear doors were just welded up or that the fronts were extended and the B pillars moved on OLY 52
Just welded up same as the aussies did on the vagabond (convertible)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I owned it for a while backed doors were welded and b pillars stayed original.had a rover v8 in it,and was really quick,but totally rotten .took it to the rave and was racing everyone.brains from ruislip has it now and is rebuilding it.lee

·
Registered
839 Posts
hi...wee bobs car is the mutts nuts... you wont find a cleaner car...
i copied a pic from a new zealand website... but cant find out any more about it... but love the lines...

cheers...al

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow thats cool Al! I love the lines and the fact it has a decent sized rear window. That is the only thing about OLY 52 that i dont like. The rear window looks like a letter box. And thanks for the info lee!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
hi...wee bobs car is the mutts nuts... you wont find a cleaner car...
i copied a pic from a new zealand website... but cant find out any more about it... but love the lines...

cheers...al
57 model with the original rear window leant forward.........looks good
the 54 has a smaller rear but not as small as oly 52 had

1 - 20 of 21 Posts