Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 396 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: pop

the wheelbase on this car was 15mm longer on one side.
not sure how the front end worked as the pivot points on the rack are way out from where they should be for it to work properly.unless of coarse all the suspension books ive read have it wrong.
the welding was something else in places.
ill post some pics up as the build progresses to show new and old.
a little info as ill only be posting pics .
wheels are for mock up as there for our beetle.
bigger rims going on the rear in the same style.
nice chassis.independant front.9" rear. 400hp 383 crate motor,350 box plus the usuall shit that goes on these type of cars and some not quite usuall shit..
only bit of the original car we are using is the body shell.
the rest is scrap.
only just designed the front half of the chassis so this is now with the cad man to turn into files for the laser cutter.
hopefully work will resume in about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
83 Posts

Came in one day and saw all the bits on the floor - Wayne told me to stop weeping like a child and go make a tea:sniff:. Took the doors off - then spend about about a week looking at wheels on internet- actually my eyes looked like this :shock: - crappy dollar though!!.. So while Wayne does the good bits, I have fun looking for parts and spending my wonga.. At least this way - I see how the build works, help out and and see where the money goes, not being funny - but it beats paying someone to do the work and not really having a say in it. Stu

·
MarkT
1,117 Posts

Nice to see you back at it Mr Nobody and posting pics of you quality workmanship :tup:.....Nice one :D

·
Registered
69 Posts

Stuart, you aint got time for crying! you'll need all your energy to try & keep up with Wayne at the speed he works!! :D
its goona look good :tup:
Cheers, Lee

1 - 20 of 396 Posts