Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering if there is anbody else who finds it facinating when a custom car is built, and then over the years, or in some cases decades, evolves with the times, one example that comes immediatley to my mind is chris hays hillman husky van,others include andy saunders volvo amazon,(rainbow chaiser) gary ellis's morris minor, andy frosts vauxhall victor., there are loads more if you think about it, anyone know of any more?
cheers. paul

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heres some more, steve walls cortina mk2, kev rooneys purple consul capri, the 'sweet fa' f type victor estate, does anyone have pictures of cars in their various guises from over the years?
cheers paul

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,052 Posts
Bob, thanks for putting those pics up. Whoever took the photos of the Watson style scallops preservesd a 'moment' as it only existed like that for around 3/4 months. The paint was destined to last several years but a faulty batch of lacquer brought forward it's planned evolution in the Rover Amerynth paint job. I think i owned it for about 5/6 years.

It was always planned to be a car that evolved and interiors /engines etc were planned so they didn't have to be replaced along the way . The only thing missing from my final planned version was the white Carson top.

The latest owner has also put his own mark on it though I haven't seen it in the flesh for several years.

·
20th Century Schizoid Man
101 Posts
Here's a couple more 'moments' for you Kev

·
Registered
11 Posts
Currently sat in my garage. Just painted the underneath grey and all the suspension green. Fitted 15" steel wheels as alloys wont fit under the fender skirts. Got an Rover V8 3,9 efi and manual box almost ready to go in. Weather keeps stopping play as I have to do most of the work on the drive, I look like the Michelin man when i work on it!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts