Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Renault Clio V6

Selling as Parts or Track day car

As you can see here is a damaged Clio V6. This was my car but i had a bad morning and ran into the back of a bus. Most of you will know that most V6's that are in a crash getting written off and this is no different, this is mainly down to the price of parts. I got payed out and bought the car back off the insurance company. Please note it has been written off as a Cat B loss. Please do research if you don't know what this is!! It basically means it cant be put back on the road but can be broken for parts or a TRACK DAY CAR. I really want to sell it as a whole and not start stripping the car.

As you can see from the pics the damage its all front end, there is a kink in the roof (passenger side) which is very common in all Clio's that are involved in a front end crash. There is alot of undamaged parts i could list them but i'll be here all night. Just a few:

Full engine with gear box etc £1000 - £1500

Full interior £500 +

Panels- £500 - £1000 +

Alloys -£300 +

many more!!

All the airbags are fine.

I have put on as many photos as possible to show the damaged etc but please ask if you want any more info or Pics, plus you are very welcome to view the car. Just email or phone me on 07725184118.

Will consider all sensible offers.

Have loads of pics please just ask and i can send them to you./

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Hi Leigh,

Welcome to the forum, there are a lot of good people on here, I would take it as friendly advice rather than a pop at you :tup: Good luck with the sale and post an intro in the Who Are You? section. Wecome aboard mate.

Cheers,

Stu.

·
My name is Martin
2,628 Posts
It might be worth clarifying some bits about the Cat B marker.

The 'shouldn't go back on the road, it can only be used for spare parts' often heard for a Cat B description is a little misleading. The insurer uses a code of practice and guidelines that suggest what to do to categorise salvage and what are the best practices for dealing with the vehicle afterwards. So on a Cat B, the guideline is that the insurer should make best endeavours to put the car through a salvage yard and get the V5 from the owner etc. There is nothing to say by law or otherwise that the insurer has to remove the car from the owner. So if you have a car written off you are fully entitled to keep the car.

Aside from the repair work needed on this car, it can return to the road following passing a VIC test. You may encounter some insurers who don't want to insure a Cat B.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
It might be worth clarifying some bits about the Cat B marker.

The 'shouldn't go back on the road, it can only be used for spare parts' often heard for a Cat B description is a little misleading. The insurer uses a code of practice and guidelines that suggest what to do to categorise salvage and what are the best practices for dealing with the vehicle afterwards. So on a Cat B, the guideline is that the insurer should make best endeavours to put the car through a salvage yard and get the V5 from the owner etc. There is nothing to say by law or otherwise that the insurer has to remove the car from the owner. So if you have a car written off you are fully entitled to keep the car.

Aside from the repair work needed on this car, it can return to the road following passing a VIC test. You may encounter some insurers who don't want to insure a Cat B.
dvla or vosa might disagree with you there and the insurance company will be very unhappy also the trader that bought it from the insurance company will lose their right to buy from them

·
My name is Martin
2,628 Posts
Yeah the insurance company won't allow the salvage agent to sell it on, but if you can keep the car personally then it can go back on the road.

I've discussed such cars going back on the road with VOSA (in particular relation to VIC) and they can go back on the road...

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
they told me that they wont even inspect cat b cars and to put one back on the road it would have to pass iva
im in for a vic check next monday so i will ask them if things have changed

·
Registered
487 Posts
this is from a insurance own website.

Category B - The Vehicle as a whole may not be resold or returned to road but parts may be sold. The vehicle is damaged beyond repair usually due to major structural damage. The DVLA will require a Notification of Destruction but parts are allowed to be removed and sold first.

But in saying this i have seen cat b cars put back on the road. company practice is not to sell a cat b cars back to the owner as they are not an autherised treatment facility.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
this is from a insurance own website.

Category B - The Vehicle as a whole may not be resold or returned to road but parts may be sold. The vehicle is damaged beyond repair usually due to major structural damage. The DVLA will require a Notification of Destruction but parts are allowed to be removed and sold first.

But in saying this i have seen cat b cars put back on the road. company practice is not to sell a cat b cars back to the owner as they are not an autherised treatment facility.
thats what i was trying to say, lol

·
My name is Martin
2,628 Posts
The difficulty with this is one insurer may do something different to another as it's down to how they interpret the code of practice. When I spoke to VOSA through work I was told a small number of B's and A's passed the VIC every month.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Who cares if it can go back on the road or not? Its a smashed up chav wagon not a classic or a rod!
Good ridance to chav shit I say.
JMHO.
Very grown up, i wont take offence to this post, because basically your calling me chav! Have a read of the forum rules.

** Rules for the Classifieds Forums - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING ***
Rules will be added as and when it's felt that they are necessary
Please don't slate other people's for sale adverts.**
If you believe that someone is charging too much then PM them and let them know if you must. Don't post bad remarks that may put off potential buyers just because it's not how 'you' would class it.
A little bit of courtesy please. If you're not interested in an item then leave it for someone who is.
If all you have to say is negative then we'd appreciate it if you just didn't
** The first request is a nice one. Subsequent ones won't be.

If you have genuine concern that an item is being mis-sold (not just based on price) or possibly stolen then please use the 'Report Post' facility that is on every post.
Don't go off on one on the thread and turn it into an argument. Give us a chance to try and do what we're here to do.
Click the Report Post icon --> next to the post in reference and fill out the report page with full details of your issue.
This will then be passed to all moderators and you will be contacted ASAP.

If someone has taken the time to list their parts for sale, do not hijack their thread and try to offer your own parts or post links to other threads\sites containing the parts. How would you like it ?
It's basically a bit of a shitty thing to do so feel free to add your own thread selling your stuff. I'ts not like we charge or anything. Any posts trying to hijack will be deleted.

Threads selling or asking for vehicle log books (V5C) are not permitted on Rods 'n' Sods. Threads ignoring this rule will be removed or edited as we become aware of them. Listing a For Sale thread as a "Rusty Chassis with V5C" does not instantly make it all fine and dandy. These threads will be removed until proof is provided of the chassis matching and being sold with the log book. This for the benefit of all of us. For us it stops the DVLA contacting us regarding illegal V5C sales and for you it prevents us needing to pass your details on should they be requested by the relevant authorities. Repeated abuse of this rule may lead to further (more permanant) actions being taken The same goes for wanted ads. Please do not abuse this system by asking for log books. Ads that we believe are for this purpose will also be removed.

If you see any of this going on then please report the posts using the function detailed above. Let's keep this a decent place and treat others threads how you'd like yours dealt with.

Breach of the rules is likely to result in the posts in question being deleted and you will be notified of the reason via PM. Repeated breaches of the rules will result in a warning or being removed from the site depending on how many times you decide to ignore us.

·
My name is Martin
2,628 Posts
its not a chav wagon its a 4wd road rocket/racing car
Exactly, which manufacturers for a laugh have stuck a big engine in a hatchback where the back seats used to be? Hopefully Renault do something like this again. Don't think it's 4wd though :incheek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just to clarify its a 2 rear wd and its a beast !! Pretty sure it'll be a classic in the future. I'm with yo 30psi, Renault need to get back onto the drawing board and start manufacturing a mk 3!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.