Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I posted a few weeks ago about vw based lotusmere buggy kits from the swinging sixties.
I mentioned one of the company founders owned the car that donated the engine sound to the car in the film "Vanishing point"
I am doing a deal on the car as we speak and am interested to know what adds value to a car and how much history plays a part.
The car is one of six 1970 Cuda's built for Dan Gurney and has a 1000bhp hemi under the bonnet.
The car is in Oz at the moment and once i've spoken to the wizard i should get it over to France whenever.
Is this worth more than a normal 1970 Hemi Cuda because of its ' history,about the same or less.
I'm putting a very nice 32 up for grabs to buy it and poss my 56 Vincent if anyone is interested.
Best
Neil

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,741 Posts
Given Dan Gurney's association with Plymouth at that time and his succesful career I would say that it would add to the value assuming the provenance is there. I've always had the impression that he is hugely loved in The States and would think that the car would make it's maximum value over there.
So is this a factory hemi car that was presented to him for street use back then?
Sounds like a once in a lifetime opportunity!

EDIT: Just had a thought. Is there a circuit racing connection in this country?

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi plumpcars
This is one of six 1000BHP Hemi cudas built by Plymouth for Dan Gurney
All i know is it is owned by a business pal of mine who has had some incredible cars. I also know he took delivery of it and broke 4 gearboxes in 3 months.
Best
Neil

·
Registered
2 Posts
Plymouth did not build six 1000hp hemi Cudas for Dan Gurney.

I would suggest doing a LOT more research before handing over any money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts